PDA

View Full Version : Get your dollars ready. Are you in the strip club?

Sharpie
04-03-2014, 04:30 PM
I thought the title of the thread would generate more clicks. :xyxthumbs: My question does pertain to stripping though. I waxed my vehicle a couple of weeks ago with Mequiars Gold Class Carnauba but have Collinite 845 on its way from AGO. Do I need to take off the canauba wax to get the best of the Collinite 845? Does any previous wax or sealant that still has life on the paint reduce Collinites ability to protect?

What about waxing over Collinite with carnauba? Collinite and carnauba have different beading properties so is adding the wax worthless? What about using a spray wax while drying? Won't this amount of wax also not give the full amount of the collinite you previous put on? I appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

swanicyouth
04-03-2014, 05:20 PM
Can't help you with the wax...but I was up for going to The Club.

mwoolfso
04-03-2014, 05:24 PM
If you don't mind applying 845 in a few months then top it without any additional effort to remove the current LSP.

wdmaccord
04-03-2014, 05:49 PM
I would suggest stripping the wax before applying the 845. You'll want a good clean surface for it to bond with. You can wax over the top of the 845 if you want.

Like the other poster mentioned, sit it outside in the sun for a month...if it is just a straight carnauba with no polymers, it'll probably burn off by then. You could wash with Citrus wash a couple times in that month to help it along also.

If it were me, I'd stick with the wax through the summer and put the Collinite on in the fall for the winter months.

FUNX650
04-03-2014, 07:54 PM
Do I need to take off the canauba wax to get the best of the Collinite 845?

What about waxing over Collinite with carnauba? Collinite and carnauba have different beading properties so is adding the wax worthless?

I appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.
I'm thinking that Collinite #845 is a carnauba wax.

Like the other poster mentioned, sit it outside in the sun for a month...if it is just a straight carnauba with no polymers, it'll probably burn off by then.

If it were me, I'd stick with the wax through the summer and put the Collinite on in the fall for the winter months.
To me:
That just seems so counterintuitive to suggest an LSP...
(that you say will burn-off sitting outside in the Sun for a month...)
to be applied to a vehicle for the Summer months! :confused:

Bob