PDA

View Full Version : Thank you mothers car care

Bill1234
04-03-2014, 03:14 PM
I recently wrote a review on a mothers product and offered suggestions to improve it. Mothers asked about my method and said that a different product is recommended. I said thanks and will go and pick it up where I can find it. They offered to give it to me for free.

I received the package today, but was surprised to see so many sample sizes.

Thank you mothers and I will try out the new chrome polish soon

I was also laughing earlier today, I washed my car down and the gardeners saw, they blew off the car with one of those huge gas leaf blowers and helped me out...:laughing:

jimd@mothers
04-03-2014, 05:26 PM
You are most welcome! :)

I am always glad to offer a product exchange so that you have the most appropriate polish for the finish -- in this case, our California Gold Chrome Polish for use on your chrome clad wheels.

Thank you for using Mothers! :)

Bill1234
04-06-2014, 03:42 PM
here is photo with the chrome polish

tires have some opti bond gel on them

Works well, just in your next update, maybe redesign the bottle to have a squeeze cap, maybe something similar to the heinz ketchup bottles?

EddieF
04-06-2014, 05:14 PM
Don not use a gas leave blower to dry your car, their will be exhaust gasses that come out and get all over your car.

Bill1234
04-06-2014, 05:29 PM
Don not use a gas leave blower to dry your car, their will be exhaust gasses that come out and get all over your car.

they were pretty far away from the car. I dont think any residue got on the car. I washed it today due to the nice temperature

umana2482
04-06-2014, 05:55 PM
That is awesome of them to send you samples.

I got lots of Mothers goodies from Saturdays Socal meet-up.

Will post pics on different thread.
Sent from my HTC One using AG Online

Bill1234
04-06-2014, 05:58 PM
That is awesome of them to send you samples.

I got lots of Mothers goodies from Saturdays Socal meet-up.

Will post pics on different thread.

I was happy to write a review, and the samples are nice to try. I used the mothers glass cleaner and was immediately impressed

umana2482
04-06-2014, 06:08 PM
Yesterday as I used their compound for the first time I was impressed with the results and very low dusting.

RTexasF
04-06-2014, 06:43 PM

Total unfounded garbage. I have done this for over a decade with ZERO problems. And it's leaf not leave. When you do this for a living every minute counts. This saved me hours.

Mother's........very nice thing to do. I tip my hat to you.

Bill1234
04-06-2014, 06:57 PM
Total unfounded garbage. I have done this for over a decade with ZERO problems. And it's leaf not leave. When you do this for a living every minute counts. This saved me hours.

I had collinite 476 on , combine that with a gas leave blower, you have a dry car in seconds

Ron Atchison
04-06-2014, 07:01 PM

Yes it was, Mothers is a very stand up company. How many of the other product manufactures do you see on here offering support?????

OBTW if you use a leaf blower to dry your car not only will you have contamination all over it but it will also cause the dogs in the neighborhood to walk backwards. Im the MAN

Ron Atchison
04-06-2014, 07:09 PM
here is photo with the chrome polish

tires have some opti bond gel on them

Works well, just in your next update, maybe redesign the bottle to have a squeeze cap, maybe something similar to the heinz ketchup bottles?

Bill the wheel looks great. I also have an F150 with chrome clad wheels. The Synthetic wax does a very good job on them. It has mild polishes it that clean the chrome very well. The problem with chrome cladding is its very soft, so something very mild needs to be used to prevent scratching. Once they're scratched or marred theres no getting it out.

Bill1234
04-06-2014, 07:18 PM
Bill the wheel looks great. I also have an F150 with chrome clad wheels. The Synthetic wax does a very good job on them. It has mild polishes it that clean the chrome very well. The problem with chrome cladding is its very soft, so something very mild needs to be used to prevent scratching. Once they're scratched or marred theres no getting it out.

you are right about this. These look great when cleaned, however are a pain to clean in general. I usually will use meguiars d143 at 4:1 because its cheap and effective with not alot of smell

UNCkid
04-06-2014, 07:51 PM
Just picked up some chrome polish yesterday. Great for shine, but will see how it holds up for protection.