PDA

View Full Version : Grit Guard Pad Washer Questions??

Ray & Paula
04-03-2014, 08:40 AM
Hi, I'm getting ready to purchase the Grit Guard Pad Washer. I have some questions for those who own one;
1) I would like to know if you have ever used Wolfgang Pad Werks Polishing Pad Cleaner with your grit guard pad washer? I have gallon of the PPC.
2) How was the results? Did you add anything to the water along with the PPC?
3) On average, how many times can the same water be used before changing the bucket out. I realize it all depends on how dirty the pads are so this may be a stupid question.
4) How difficult is it to clean the pad washer itself? I'm thinking Super Clean or something equal to it would do the trick.
5) Overall, is this a good investment?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to help me out. Ray :xyxthumbs:

Ray & Paula
04-09-2014, 07:46 AM
Hello, anyone out there.......Feed back please

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
04-09-2014, 08:53 AM
Hi Ray,

1. I have not tried the liquid pad cleaner in the pad washer. I have always used the powdered pad cleaner.
2. Follow the directions on the powdered pad cleaner. I have always had expected results using it.
3. I always change out the water after a full compound and polishing session per car. This way I know I have fresh solution.
4. It is very easy. Dump the old water, hose out the bucket and grit gaurd, and hose off the pumps. Nothing else is needed really.
5. This is a great investment that will pay for itself in time. You will only need 3 pads each color instead of 6.

I have done a review on the Meguiar's pad washer and also my technique .
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/62816-my-pad-washing-technique-review.html

Mike

:)

Ray & Paula
04-09-2014, 06:17 PM
Awesome review!! Can't wait to get my hands on one.... As always, a big thanks to you. Ray :props: