PDA

View Full Version : Detailing Methodology

AeroCleanse
04-03-2014, 12:24 AM
I got a Rupes LHR75E (Rupes mini) today. This leaves me with the question of doing the smaller areas first then filling in with my larger polisher or do I do the larger areas first then fill in with the smaller polisher.

Interested to find out how other professional detailers do it.
Feed back please

lawrenceSA
04-03-2014, 01:39 AM
I am no professional by any means, just a weekend warrior, but I prefer to knock out the big areas first.

This allows me to easily see what is left to do with the smaller pads instead of potentially doing more with the smaller pads than may be necessary (if you were to start with the smaller pads).

I also find working on the smaller sections less physically demanding (although perhaps concentration is higher) and they tend to go quicker, so I leave them for the end of my polishing session, when I am more tired...

VP Mark
04-03-2014, 07:11 AM
Large areas first.

You will be surprised how little overall you can't get with a larger polisher.

That being said, when you need a 3 inch you NEED a 3 inch.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

Christopher.Brown
04-03-2014, 07:44 AM
Are you talking about edge work?

If so, in general, i prefer to edge first with the 3 inch, then blend with the larger throw of my 21 to have a more consistent look throughout the job.

minorc
04-03-2014, 02:32 PM
I prefer to use do the smaller sections first, to me they're the bigger PITA

Andr3wilson
04-03-2014, 04:05 PM
Larger parts first then small. To make it clear as well, I go around the entire car with the big and small alternating.

master detailer
04-03-2014, 04:49 PM
its just like painting you use the roller frist then cut in whats left.If you cut in frist you will be doing to much with the smaller one and making more work for yourself.

AeroCleanse
04-03-2014, 07:52 PM
its just like painting you use the roller frist then cut in whats left.If you cut in frist you will be doing to much with the smaller one and making more work for yourself.

If its like painting, then cut in first.

Kacz
04-03-2014, 08:42 PM

If its like painting, then cut in first.

Too funny...:laughing:

I do some edge work first like C. Brown mentioned earlier, but I guess it depends on the car.