PDA

View Full Version : Best Windshield additive...

Daven75
04-02-2014, 01:20 PM
Hey guys, I just had a quick question. is there any way to make my windshield wipers glide easier on my windshield? I know Rainx helps a little but is there any other products that I could get over the counter at a local place? My wipers are old and worn and they need as much help as they can get haha.

Thanks,
David

DirtyBlackHoe
04-02-2014, 02:06 PM
Um...Replace wipers?

Daven75
04-02-2014, 02:09 PM
its not the wiper, I know what it is I just need a week of free time and no rain to fix the problem but that doesn't want to happen haha. Its the bushing on the wiper assembly, they're old and shot. I can fix it but times a factor. So for now, I'm seeing if theres anything I can do.

rouxster
04-02-2014, 02:15 PM
Sounds like you need to polish your windshield.

Daven75
04-02-2014, 02:22 PM
Sounds like you need to polish your windshield.

I've tried that. Probably doesnt help that its the original 2000 jeep cherokee windshield... lol

Rsurfer
04-02-2014, 02:36 PM
its not the wiper, I know what it is I just need a week of free time and no rain to fix the problem but that doesn't want to happen haha. Its the bushing on the wiper assembly, they're old and shot. I can fix it but times a factor. So for now, I'm seeing if theres anything I can do.

It doesn't help that the blades are old and worn. You are going to have to replace them at some point, why not now!

tnecniv
04-02-2014, 02:45 PM
Have you actually cleaned the wiper blades? Take a towel with your choice of cleaner and squeeze the blades and run the towel along the blade. If they're really dirty (which is most of the time) then the gunk and dirt will act as abrasives when running along your glass so that it doesn't glide like you'd want.

FUNX650
04-02-2014, 02:49 PM
It's going to take you a week to repair
a wiper-arm assembly!

Bob

Daven75
04-02-2014, 02:52 PM
Done all that wipers aren't older than about a month max, cleaned them completely.

Daven75
04-02-2014, 03:02 PM
It's going to take you a week to repair
a wiper-arm assembly!

Bob

No but with college and constant rain I want two days to be safe. It really should only take an hour to an hour and a half. I may give it a shot this weekend.