PDA

View Full Version : mobile detail, electric or gas pressure washer?

ricadodetail
04-01-2014, 10:33 PM
Hi I am starting a mobile detail, i have a generator and was going to shop around for a gas pressure washer, since everyone I know uses a gas one. but i started thing why not electric and just connect it to the generator? i mean you don't really need all that pressure, what do you pros think. I really appreciate your feedback.

rolop6
04-01-2014, 11:13 PM
This is a matter of opinion. I know some guys on here use electric, I personally like gas. Higher psi less water used per wash. They both have ups and downs, you gatta find what fits you and your setup.

Nicklyons
04-02-2014, 09:12 PM
Depends.

Most gas pressure washers do not have water pumps. If you plan on using a tank, you would have to find a pressure washer with a hose inlet that is lower than the outlet for your tank, well, because gravity. And even then, you would have to worry about inclines an etcetera. Most electric power washers have pumps built in, so really no need to worry about gravity.

I've used gas for a while on a mobile truck, with a 110 gallon water tank. However, it died today and I'll be taking an electric pressure washer with me tomorrow.

So answer, gas with a water pump so you can get optimal use, or electric without. It depends on your setup and how you plan on using it. If you have any questions you can PM me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Calendyr
04-02-2014, 11:15 PM
How often do your pressure washers break on average? I know it's a matter of quality and all but just to have a basic idea of what to expect. To start off I purchased the cheapest one I could find. I know I will need to replace that with a Professional one once business starts to pick up.

Nicklyons
04-03-2014, 06:27 AM
We've had all sorts of different pressure washers, and sometimes they'll last for two years (like the one that just broke on my truck ): ) or sometimes they last for a few weeks. It depends on how you treat it, change oil and spark plugs no insane starts/stops with the wand etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thebamboo23
04-03-2014, 08:24 AM
if youre washing rvs, trailers, cargos, etc. then it makes sense to get a gas powered. but for day-to-day average cars, no need. especially if you go into the high end market, those cars are hardly dirty

Joz132
04-03-2014, 09:36 AM
If you have a Costco in your area, I would strongly suggest looking there. They usually have gas & electric offerings.

No worries about replacement - their return policy on failed items is second to none.

gdzer
04-04-2014, 11:46 PM
I'm also looking to buy a pressure washer for washing & cleaning my F150. Any brands & model # recommendations? What PSI & GPM should I be looking at? I want to buy a good one (electric or gas) that will last. I really don't want to spend more than $500 if possible. Also, any ones to avoid will be greatly appreciated.

215Detailing
04-05-2014, 06:37 AM
I'm also looking to buy a pressure washer for washing & cleaning my F150. Any brands & model # recommendations? What PSI & GPM should I be looking at? I want to buy a good one (electric or gas) that will last. I really don't want to spend more than $500 if possible. Also, any ones to avoid will be greatly appreciated.

This may help and you can call them with questions
Household Pressure & Industrial Power Washers | Electric & Gas (http://www.pwoutlet.com/Pressure_Washers_s/29.htm)