PDA

View Full Version : Carpro PERL

Pages : [1] 2

Hjfowler
04-01-2014, 01:40 PM
Has anyone tried using this product under the hood?

I read on their website it can be used on rubber and plastic. It illustrates someone using it under the hood.

My real question is, does it attract dust or any other material, causing it to get gummy and nasty looking? Or does it repel contaminants and leave a nice lasting finish?

Thanks in advance

Rsurfer
04-01-2014, 01:44 PM
It's water based, so it dries to the touch.

Hjfowler
04-01-2014, 02:28 PM
Is this recommended over Adams VRT for this application?

minorc
04-01-2014, 02:38 PM
It's not too bad, I use it mostly for tires.

Poured it into my old swissvax pneu bottle and spray away

Beads water on tires, non greasy. Pretty descent product

Hjfowler
04-01-2014, 02:42 PM
It's not too bad, I use it mostly for tires.

Poured it into my old swissvax pneu bottle and spray away

Beads water on tires, non greasy. Pretty descent product

Thanks. That's what I want to know.

02xtreme07SS
04-01-2014, 02:47 PM
I use PERL exclusively for under hood applications. It shines like it is wet but it is perfectly dry. I haven't noticed it attracting dust like some other dressings either.

minorc
04-01-2014, 02:55 PM
Thanks. That's what I want to know.

A little goes a long way like any other trim product, you can dilute this 1:1 aswell

WillWashesCars
04-01-2014, 02:57 PM
I only use 303 aerospace on engine bays now but PERL 3:1 is great. It's not too shiny and doesn't grab any dust. It looks like new rubber.

04-01-2014, 03:28 PM
I use it and its great!

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag26/writejamesb/2006%20Mustang%20GT/EngineBay_zps707efb31.jpg (http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/writejamesb/media/2006%20Mustang%20GT/EngineBay_zps707efb31.jpg.html)

SYMAWD
04-01-2014, 03:31 PM
Is this recommended over Adams VRT for this application?

One isn't recommended over the other. It's what YOU prefer to use. There are some many products out there that one will never be the best or the worst.

Hjfowler
04-08-2014, 08:30 AM
I went with PERL. I used it this weekend. It goes a loooong way. I diluted 1:1 for my tires. I only put one application and it gave me the exact look I wanted. It's also been raining for two straight days and the tires still look great and the water beads right off. Nice product.

MarkD51
04-08-2014, 09:00 AM
I recently placed an order, and got a .5L bottle of the Perl. I haven't used it yet, but been having regrets immediately after placing the order that I bought such a small bottle.

I perhaps should've bought the 5L bottle (yes, 5 liters) and been done with it? Reason I say such, is I have the feeling I'm going to love Perl.

I wonder how it would compare to a product like CG Bare Bones for wheel wells if Perl was cut 1-1 and sprayed? Bare Bones looks nice, smells nice like Grapes, but drips like crazy, and doesn't seem to last that long.

The last two times I used Bare Bones, I coated the wheel wells in some empty lot, then waited 20 minutes.

Woob
04-08-2014, 11:04 AM
I recently placed an order, and got a .5L bottle of the Perl. I haven't used it yet, but been having regrets immediately after placing the order that I bought such a small bottle.

I perhaps should've bought the 5L bottle (yes, 5 liters) and been done with it? Reason I say such, is I have the feeling I'm going to love Perl.

I wonder how it would compare to a product like CG Bare Bones for wheel wells if Perl was cut 1-1 and sprayed? Bare Bones looks nice, smells nice like Grapes, but drips like crazy, and doesn't seem to last that long.

The last two times I used Bare Bones, I coated the wheel wells in some empty lot, then waited 20 minutes.

Had the same thoughts, but if you use it on a clean surface the water based configuration allows it to be applied for a very large amount of surface area. Dilute accordingly, but this stuff goes and goes per droplet/usage.

Hjfowler
04-08-2014, 05:27 PM
Can you get this stuff on rims ?

Or is it best to keep it off?

MarkD51
04-08-2014, 06:54 PM
Can you get this stuff on rims ?

Or is it best to keep it off?

I would assume Perl, or Opibond, or any Wolfgang-Blackfire-Duragloss-DP-Pinnacle, etc etc etc products should stay clear of rims.

Not that they'll hurt them, but like if you applied Armor All to your rims, don't expect much in the way of protection, these type of products weren't designed for such.