PDA

View Full Version : Got my girlfriend into the 2 bucket method and claying! WOO!

Pages : [1] 2 3

klumzypinoy
07-16-2007, 01:44 AM
I should have thought about posting this the day we washed her sister's accord, but I forgot about it. Well, my GF does not see the need to use the 2 bucket method. The first time we washed her sister's car a few months ago, she was getting lazy to dip the mitt into the 2nd bucket. Earlier this week, probably Tuesday, we washed it again. I cleaned the wheels first, and then went to the body wash. I let her choose between Shmitt and sheepskin. She chose sheepskin, since she tried the Shmitt already. Onto the wash. It wasn't bad, I told her to sort of "caress" the car instead of scrubbing it, go in straight lines, and also dip the mitt into the 2nd rinse bucket. She did a great job at this, to my surprise. She was getting pretty impatient though, saying it's taking too long, but she endured the whole wash. Now, i took out the elec leaf blower. She liked the idea. After that, I got the Ultimate GUzzler out and a DP 4 in 1 QD mix in a spray bottle for drying aid. I told her the QD will help with the dried on water spots and make drying easier. Now that the wash is done, I got to claying some sap off. This is where she wanted to try it out. She kept trying to find spots to clay, and tried it out herself. The only bad part was we got clay stuck under our finger nails and on our fingers as well. I think I made her OCD :D. I also clayed a small spot on the hood, and let her feel it. SHe noticed the difference, and she loved how smooth it was. She told me to put the clay away before she gets hooked. Well, sorry there's no pictures of the car we washed, but here's a picture of what the car is: http://www.virginiausedcardealers.com/royal/816A.jpg

Racin10s
07-16-2007, 07:36 PM
I wish I cold get my wife into it like that... She loves how the car looks when I am done, but wants no part of washing/waxing. lol

Brandon1
07-16-2007, 07:50 PM
Yeah, that is cool that your GF is into that. Whenever I get a new wax in like Z5, OS, Jetseal, 50/50, she has to have it. I let her pick out the waxes for her car on what she will think look the best.

We are having an argument now about spray wax vs. paste wax. She cant understand that a spray wax like OCW can protect as much as a paste.

cegcsg2
07-16-2007, 08:13 PM
Marry that girl!

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
07-16-2007, 08:17 PM
The women I know think I'm nuts.....

Only one has helped wash.. It twas a fun time!!!!

Tex Star Detail
07-16-2007, 08:57 PM
First time I took my Wife out detailing, it was an '07 Toyota Tacoma, interior detail........... Kid vomit in the rear seat........ and stinky....

She never wants to work w/me anymore.... I dunno why:confused: :confused: :o

Reddwarf
07-16-2007, 08:59 PM
What, no pictures of the GF washing, claying and drying?

ScottB
07-17-2007, 05:48 PM
my wife relucantly helps keep the car and truck up ... but she warns me with a scowl, if I ever die or leave her she will NEVER have or allow a clean car again. She does however get pizzed when I say "did you notice your trucks fading over here" ..... ah marriage, you gotta love those special moments !

Meghan
07-17-2007, 06:45 PM
Marry that girl!
:iagree:

Nica
07-17-2007, 06:54 PM
Marry that girl!

:iagree: x 2

My wife is getting really good at removing the wax and she loves applying the wax by hand ;). I'm afried I'm going to arrive home one day and see my other lady (Metabo) in her hands...:eek:

That's great that you and your girl friend can spend time together washing a vehicle that's wicked :righton: in my opinion...heck my little girl helps me rinse the rims :awesome:

2KLS1
07-17-2007, 07:00 PM
Marry that girl!
Lets not go crazy now.

Bob Who
07-17-2007, 07:35 PM
Just a reminder ...

Love is grand. Divorce is 100 grand !!!!

joe.p
07-17-2007, 07:47 PM
Just a reminder ...

Love is grand. Divorce is 100 grand !!!!
Sooo..its cheaper to keep her :p

Al-53
07-17-2007, 08:04 PM
I like doing the cars....I taught my Girlfriend how to cut grass and run a trimmer....nothing like drinking a cold beer and washing a car and seeing her cut the grass....I have a acre of grass also....

Al

bewilliams14
07-17-2007, 08:43 PM
My wife tells me I can buy all the products I want as long as I keep her car clean... fair deal. As long as her tires are shiny after a wash and wax, as she puts it, she's happy