PDA

View Full Version : Black Truck Procedure Needed

Ray & Paula
04-01-2014, 11:19 AM
Hi,
I started using the Wolfgang trio last year (as a newbe) which worked fantastic on my red Honda Goldwing trike. The trike had some light/medium swirls in the paint which is now very close to being non-existant. Now i'm about to tackle my BLACK 2012 GMC pick-up. It does have some swirls, with a few being slightly over medium. I also have a fiberglas tonneau cover with bad water spots (Klasse AIO) helped, but they remain. I use the Porter Cable 7424xp along with Lake Country buffing pads. I also plan on using the nanoskin pad w/ Glide instead of clay.

I have a few questions;
1) Would you suggest stepping up to the Wolfgang Uber Compound instead of the WTSR 3.0?
2) With the uber compound is there a need to be cautious during application due to hazing, etc.?
3) Which pads would you suggest?

With the trio everything went effortlessly. Any advice/suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks, Ray
My prior procedure was the following;
Wash & dry
Clay (if needed)
WTSR 3.0
WFG 3.0
WDGPS 3.0

tpr1634
04-01-2014, 06:10 PM
Not sure if this helps you but my black F-150 I did a wash,clay,wolfgang finishing glaze via my flex one coat of CG blacklight/jet seal 109 and topped with collinite 845. Now my paint is basically flawless it's one year old and I really take care of it. So use the less aggressive product and pad to achieve the best possible results.:buffing:

custmsprty
04-01-2014, 07:15 PM
Try a a test spot and always go with the least abrasive combo first. You can always go to a more aggressive pad before going to a more agressive polish too.

12silvy
04-01-2014, 07:58 PM
I just detailed my 12 silverado also black. Procedure I used
Two bucket wash
Clayed with nano skin sponge both he medium and fine
IPA wipe
Test spot with m205 on white pad. Didn't work had to step up to m105 on an orange for the entire thing
IPA wipe
I followed that with m205 on a white pad
IPA wipe
Then I applied bfwd on a black pad
Cleaned everything up and enjoyed some beer about 3 hours later I wiped the bfwd off.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/02/u5a8umat.jpg
That's a 50/50 on the pass rear quarter

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/02/hyjynyqa.jpg
Here's one after m105

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/02/za2ygebu.jpg
There's a reflection shot just after m205

Ray & Paula
04-02-2014, 08:41 AM
Hi, Thanks for the replies..... +1 on using the least aggressive pad/product to get the job done. I believe starting on a horizontal panel section such as the roof would be a good testing ground. I'll probably need to get a little aggressive on my fiberglas tonneau cover due to the water spots. I haven't tried the TSR on it, hopefully this will do the job. I never used the Wolfgang Uber Compound, therefore I can't compare it to TSR. As for the Nanoskin pads, I do have a fine one along with a gallon of the Glide. I haven't used it yet, but plan to on the truck. How did you like the pads compared to clay? In your opinion, would it be wise to have a medium pad on hand as well? Thanks again to all of you for your input. Ray :dblthumb2: