PDA

View Full Version : Question About PBMG On Amazon

rouxster
04-01-2014, 09:15 AM
I placed an order for some things today from PBMG on Amazon. I guess I have two questions. About shipping, on Amazon shipping was $8.95 and on AG, shipping was $18.95. Also the same products were total $10 cheaper on Amazon.

I'm trying to figure out why the price difference on Amazon. The products are still shipped from AG, so Amazon is only providing the marketplace, at least it seems so. Does Amazon subsidize the vendors or do they control the mark up?

I feel more comfortable ordering direct from AG when I can, but the shipping is what hold me back. I'm not ordering enough right now to qualify for free shipping and I think the $8.95 shipping is reasonable. The $18.95 shipping is a high for the small order that I placed - nothing was heavy or bulky at all.

Just curious.

FUNX650
04-01-2014, 10:18 AM
Does Amazon subsidize the vendors
or do they control the mark up?

That's an excellent $75 Billion Dollar question!

I'll have to look that up on my:
Kindle Fire<<<(Thanks, Mr. Bezos)

Bob

Bunky
04-01-2014, 10:33 AM
If they are sold by PBMG then buy where it is cheapest.

rouxster
04-01-2014, 10:35 AM

I agree and I'm not complaining, but I was curios about why there are differences if it is the same product from the same company, but only using a different vendor to sell the product.

Bunky
04-01-2014, 10:38 AM
I agree and I'm not complaining, but I was curios about why there are differences if it is the same product from the same company, but only using a different vendor to sell the product.

My guess it is just the marketing channel. They cannot run the promotions on amazon like they can online so just a more consistent approach.

57BORNTORUN
04-01-2014, 10:52 AM
Call Jeff at autogeek.He handles Amazon sales.

cleanmycorolla
04-01-2014, 10:53 AM

It's because they have to compete with the rest of the marketplace on Amazon, so prices will vary.

KBsToy
04-01-2014, 03:51 PM

:dblthumb2:

tpr1634
04-01-2014, 05:57 PM
I purchased wolfgang products cheaper go figure.:buffing:

HD.Detailing
04-02-2014, 07:23 AM
amazon only allows you to charge a certain amount for shipping