PDA

View Full Version : Seeking New Interior Dressing

Pages : [1] 2

D
07-16-2007, 01:23 AM
Ive been using DP interior protectant, but I dont like it. Smells bad and doesnt quite leave enough shine for me. Its very matte and really doesnt change the interior at all. Id like something that I could at least notice a difference with. Also needs to have some UV protectants.

So you get an idea of what Im looking for. This is just a LITTLE bit too shiny for me, http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/7815-2007-gmc-yukon-natty-red-black-pic-intensive.html

Right now Im looking into PB Natural Look and CG Natural Shine Pleasant Matt Shine Dressing. I have a feeling they might be the same thing, but I would like to see pictures of those if anyone has them. Preferably on black interiors since thatll show the level of shine the best.

r_wain
07-16-2007, 01:33 AM
You should try Optimums protectant plus...leaves a matte finish but you can notice the difference, has UV protectants and if you wait a little bit the new one should be released soon. They changed the smell...personally I liked the smell of the old but hopefully the new one will smell as good or better.

D
07-16-2007, 01:38 AM
Thank you. Got any pictures by chance?

FMINUS
07-16-2007, 02:39 AM
303 is pretty shiny, too shiny for me....

tod071
07-16-2007, 02:55 AM
303 is pretty shiny, too shiny for me....
ha ha ha!!! Was this supposed to be a reply to my post on the "other site"?

Anyway, FWIW,

303 Aerospace Protectant here. Medium finish depending on how wet you leave it or wipe it completely off. Not the greatest smell, but I spray CG SoFast Odor Eater anyway.

ScottB
07-16-2007, 06:24 AM
I dont think you'll like Poorboys Natural Look then, as no gloss or matte apperance more like factory new. Same with NTS7 Interior Cleaner. Your best bet is 303, its matte in appearance but slightly (a notch) above most. It has one of the best UV inhibitors in it also.

budman3
07-16-2007, 06:28 AM
Meg's #40 is a great dressing as well. It is actually a cleaner and protector. It is my go to dressing for interior pieces that are a little dirty. The clean (personal vehicles) interiors recieve Natural Look... which, well, looks natural, ie no shine.

PTRon
07-16-2007, 08:12 AM
I like 303 but maybe Meg's Hyper Dressing will do the trick for ya. I use it on tires, never tried it on the interior, shine varies by dilution ratio. For all those who may think that I'm a big Meg's fan - I use what I've found to be the best product for the job/price, the manufacturer really means nothing to me.

Driven Auto Detail
07-16-2007, 08:17 AM
I used PB Natural Look for the first time over the weekend. While it's ok, it seemed "streaky" to me. Plus, it seems like a thick consistancy so I feel that I went through quite a bit. Granted, it was used on the interior of a Suburban. I don't think I'd buy Natural Look again. It's just not for me.

My favorite is Meg's Quik Interior Detailer, although I know it's not a "dressing". I just like that it's non-greasy and it has a pleasant smell. I wish they made it by the gallon.

D
07-16-2007, 11:13 AM
I dont like 303 on the interior.

Gnarboots11
07-16-2007, 11:21 AM
I like PB's natural look, alot. This is because I don't like the look of greasy shiny interior.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
07-16-2007, 11:23 AM
I use 303.. here's a dash pic of this weekends detail
http://i13.tinypic.com/54la9th.jpg

TCB
07-16-2007, 11:34 AM
I dont think you'll like Poorboys Natural Look then, as no gloss or matte apperance more like factory new.

+1...and that is why I use it. Having it look like new rather than greasy/oilly is what I prefer.

D
07-16-2007, 11:37 AM
+1...and that is why I use it. Having it look like new rather than greasy/oilly is what I prefer.

Im not looking for a greasy oilly product. Just something that I can see.

TCB
07-16-2007, 01:07 PM
Oh I know. I can easily see the sections I have wiped down with PB Natural vs those I haven't. It just doesn't have the high sheen most other products seem to have.

Where in NoVa are you? I can meet you somewhere this week and let you wipe down your dash with it to see what it looks like. You may not like it but at least this way you will know for sure.