PDA

View Full Version : More Devoted Following: BF vs Collinite?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

LaFawnduh
03-31-2014, 09:00 PM
In most threads, it's seems people are die-hard on these product lines. Who has used both and which did you end up preferring long-term?

PPLd
03-31-2014, 09:20 PM
Gone through half gallon of BFWD since the new version came out. I also have BFMS, BFCS. Also gone through around 3 bottles of 845.

Even if price is no matter, doubt if I will buy BF again.
I prefer 845.

FUNX650
03-31-2014, 09:29 PM
I may be in the minority here:
I have never bought, borrowed, been given,
or ever used any BF products.

On the flip-side:
Collinite products have been an ever-present commodity around the job site, and the house/garage, for many decades now!

Bob

LaFawnduh
03-31-2014, 09:44 PM
Gone through half gallon of BFWD since the new version came out. I also have BFMS, BFCS. Also gone through around 3 bottles of 845.

Even if price is no matter, doubt if I will buy BF again.
I prefer 845.

It's interesting you say price is no matter. In general, most comments I see are something like "best bang for your buck" but you say all things equal you like Collinite? Any specific reasons why (look, feel, ease of use, etc)?

brondondolon
03-31-2014, 09:52 PM
It took me a long time to buy a bottle of 845. Reason being was I hate jumping on a band wagon. Well I was $18.00 from receiving free shipping so I figured what the Hell and got a bottle of 845. I finally got around to using it and let me tell you. It is one of the best waxes I've ever used. I'm on almost 2 months with it on my truck and water still beads like the first day. Ive put it through lows of 20 degrees and to highs of 90 degrees. It's been rained on snowed on and 60mph winds have blown sand all over it. Ive washed it once without reloading with a spray wax and have put 900 miles on my truck since I applied it as well. Still beading water.

I believe 845 has such a strong following because it's that good of a product. The shine is better then any wax I've used (haven't owned a wax over $80) the life span is better then any wax I've used ease of application is great and for the price it can't be beat. These words are coming from a skeptic so if you haven't used it and are questioning it I encourage you to buy some. I guarantee you will like it. It's now the only wax I use.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AG Online

Sizzle Chest
03-31-2014, 10:27 PM
I have and have used and use both. I like both for the durability and ease of use. I would give BF the nod for ease of use. It just goes on and comes off so easy. Don't get me wrong, 845 is very easy to use, but the BF is like a walk in the park.

I like the look of 845 on lighter colored metallic vehicles and like the slickness of the BF.

So, in my book, it is a draw!

Try them both and attempt to pick a winner!

OP, good thread discussion to start!

brondondolon
03-31-2014, 10:56 PM
What I'm wondering is how P21 is to colinite

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AG Online

LaFawnduh
04-01-2014, 01:47 AM
I have and have used and use both. I like both for the durability and ease of use. I would give BF the nod for ease of use. It just goes on and comes off so easy. Don't get me wrong, 845 is very easy to use, but the BF is like a walk in the park.

I like the look of 845 on lighter colored metallic vehicles and like the slickness of the BF.

So, in my book, it is a draw!

Try them both and attempt to pick a winner!

OP, good thread discussion to start!

Thanks - I ask because I just started using BF over the weekend (TPNS + MS) and loved it. But it seems like Collinite gets much higher marks and was questioning if I made the right choice.

It's funny you mention color preference - my car is black and that is why I leaned toward the BF. But my wife's car is white and I've been using Fuzion on it thus far. Might need to give Collinite a whirl to compare.

Do you by chance use any of the BF Rinseless or Waterless products?

Radarryan
04-01-2014, 02:29 AM
If you go over to Autopia Forums, you'll see a big BlackFire following. You know, I trust Todd Helme a lot and I see him use BlackFire products, among others, on Ferraris, Bugatti's, etc. so I know they are quality products.

That being said, it seems that everyone that has used 845, loves it, not only for the price but the durability and look, too. I have yet to use it, though I have a sample waiting for me, so I'm excited to see what all the fuss is about.

For complete line, though, I think I would choose BlackFire, especially for the long-term. They're constantly reformulating their products to make them better, which I like, but if you want an old stand-by, I think Colly may be for you. Happy detailing!

BillyJack
04-01-2014, 09:01 AM
I have both on the shelf and selection depends on my preferences for that particular job. On a well-prepared surface, the look of a BF job is very impressive. Colli 845, 476 or even 915 may not as impressive at first, having a softer glow IMO than BFWD, but it lasts virtually forever. Colli has the rep of being difficult to use, but that's only if you pile it on too heavy.

Bill

Sizzle Chest
04-01-2014, 09:22 AM
Thanks - I ask because I just started using BF over the weekend (TPNS + MS) and loved it. But it seems like Collinite gets much higher marks and was questioning if I made the right choice.

It's funny you mention color preference - my car is black and that is why I leaned toward the BF. But my wife's car is white and I've been using Fuzion on it thus far. Might need to give Collinite a whirl to compare.

I have some, however I have not yet used them. I am still using my UWW and ONR, which I love!

Kamakaz1961
04-01-2014, 09:40 AM
I am a Blackfire person. I have not even tried Collinite because IMO Blackfire is one of the best products. I use BF WD P Detail Spray as my go to detailer. I use a couple of other things from BF. Having said that, I have no opinion on Collinite as I have not tried any of their products.

I probably never will as I am happy with BF and see no reason to change

brondondolon
04-01-2014, 11:09 AM

I should add to my previous comment that my truck is black.

Audi X2
04-01-2014, 11:33 AM

The Blackfire rinseless works very good on a vehicle that has any blackfire LSP.
It also leaves protection that will extend the life of the Blackfire sealant or wax.

cleanmycorolla
04-01-2014, 11:36 AM
Blackfire fans like me, I think really love it because Todd Helme is such an awesome guy. He's always on the forums there posting, sharing, and he loves the product! That's why I like BF, it's Todd and the look!