PDA

View Full Version : Long time reader, first post

woopigsooie
03-31-2014, 08:28 PM
Hey guys,

I am a part time detailer and a full time college student here in Central Arkansas. I have had a passion for detailing and keeping my car clean since I first got it when I turned 16. In the 10th grade I figured I would turn my hobby into a part time job. Armed with my parents vacuum, a bucket, soap, and meguiars gold class carnauba wax I made good money for a 10th grader.

Last year I discovered this website and decided I really wanted to turn this passion of mine into a legitimate business. I educated myself mainly with this website as well as a few other sources. It has been very helpful to read all the different reviews and figure out what I need and what I can do without!

I believe I now have the knowhow and basic equipment to actually do some decent detailing by most peoples standards. I don't consider myself a professional, but I put all my effort into every vehicle I detail.

I thoroughly enjoy every minute of detailing and especially the customers reaction when they see their car after I am done!

I only have a few days a week I can actually detail since I am mostly in class. In the summer, however, I am full time! Unfortunately, this means I have little disposable income right now. AG makes this difficult since I want to buy the latest, greatest thing (I'm looking at you Pinnacle Synergy).

Anyway, not to be long winded, I just wanted to post my first official thread and let everyone know who I am!

Thanks and GO HOGS!!

GenesisCoupe
03-31-2014, 08:32 PM
Welcome!! I am a part time detailer myself, a full time student, and hold a full time job. Life can get crazy!

peter hurcos
03-31-2014, 08:38 PM
This place has actually saved me a lot of money. Even better, its saved me a lot of false starts. Better still, its saved me a lot of time. I wouldn't say my car looks like some of the showpieces I see here---I'm a "protect my investment" kind of guy more than an amateur detailer. My car looks better than 99% of the cars in any given parking lot where I park it. Its a couple of years old now, and its superior condition means that its probably worth a couple of hundred bucks more than an average car of its age at least.

jamesboyy
03-31-2014, 08:43 PM
Welcome to autogeek

buddee
04-01-2014, 05:21 AM
Greets from Little Rock!

BobbyG
04-01-2014, 05:35 AM
:welcome: To Autogeek Online! :props:

Donn W
04-01-2014, 05:51 AM
Welcome to autogeek.

woopigsooie
04-01-2014, 09:49 AM
Thanks guys!

woopigsooie
04-01-2014, 09:50 AM
This place has actually saved me a lot of money. Even better, its saved me a lot of false starts. Better still, its saved me a lot of time. I wouldn't say my car looks like some of the showpieces I see here---I'm a "protect my investment" kind of guy more than an amateur detailer. My car looks better than 99% of the cars in any given parking lot where I park it. Its a couple of years old now, and its superior condition means that its probably worth a couple of hundred bucks more than an average car of its age at least.

That's how I got the confidence to start. My 2003 Pontiac looked better than most newer cars so I thought I could help these people out!

wlshephard
04-01-2014, 11:22 AM
Welcome to the forum!