PDA

View Full Version : Prepping my Car for Vacation...

KJW Detailing
07-16-2007, 12:44 AM
Hey Everyone!

So, my family and i are leaving for Key West this tuesday and we will be their for 7 days. Unfortunatly the car cover i ordered will not arrive until after i am gone...

So, i trying to figure out just what i need to do to insure that my car will be properly protected out in the elements for the next 7 days...

A week ago i put the DG Sealant on the car and i was going to top it with SSII...but i haven't yet...i could do another coat of the DG sealant but i believe thats a cleaner so it would be pointless b/c it would only be taking off the DG already present...

So what should i do? Top the DG with SSII or Liquid Souv? What combination will give me the greatest amount of protection...o and tuesday morning b4 we leave could i go over the car with Aqua Wax? i know this is all over kill but if my car is going to be outside for 7 days i want it to be as protected as possible!

Thanks!

O yea and my GF might come over when the car cover arrives and clean my car haha and cover it for me...that would be great!

D
07-16-2007, 01:06 AM
Id put on a coat of SSII. WG DGS is a pure sealant, I dont believe it has any cleaners in it. So you could put on another coat if you wanted.

klumzypinoy
07-16-2007, 01:06 AM
I would believe you're good with that DG sealant, even a beauty wax. 7 days is surely not long enough to make your sealant/wax disappear :). I'd just suggest bringing a quick detailer (one that is a cleaning QD, not one for after washing) and some microfibers for the bird bombs.

tod071
07-16-2007, 01:26 AM
Id put on a coat of SSII. WG DGS is a pure sealant, I dont believe it has any cleaners in it. So you could put on another coat if you wanted.
Actually, I think he has DG, Duragloss 105, not Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant.

Either way, I'd skip the wax and put another layer of sealant. You want durability and protection.

D
07-16-2007, 01:27 AM
Ah, you're right. Its too late for me.

klumzypinoy
07-16-2007, 01:47 AM
Ah, you're right. Its too late for me.

We've all experienced those times :p

ScottB
07-16-2007, 06:28 AM
Key West --- Duval Street --- Fat Tuesday = forget about girlfriend, car, cover and likely where you decided to stay. The walk from FT to the Southernmost Hotel was painless (although quite far) after a day of lively spirits !!

clambros
07-16-2007, 08:42 AM
... I'd just suggest bringing a quick detailer (one that is a cleaning QD, not one for after washing) ...

What would you consider to be one of these types of QDers ??

KJW Detailing
07-16-2007, 11:56 AM
i wont have the car with me...it will remain in the driveway in jersey...

and yes i have the Duragloss 105 Sealant...if it doesn't have any cleaners in it then i will simply clean the car and seal it with another coat of the DG...although i have to make sure that the rain will stay way for the evening...

thanks for the help!

o yea killrwheels...trust me (we are like 7/10th) of a mile from Duval St. - i will be stumbling home every single night...its not going to be easy haha! but i am so so looking forward to it!

wytstang
07-16-2007, 12:05 PM
Key West --- Duval Street --- Fat Tuesday = forget about girlfriend, car, cover and likely where you decided to stay. The walk from FT to the Southernmost Hotel was painless (although quite far) after a day of lively spirits !!
To add to this if your at a bar and a hot chick wants "to talk" LOOK FOR THE ADAMS APPLE.

KJW Detailing
07-16-2007, 12:14 PM
haha! haha! yea im completly aware of that haha!

Racin10s
07-16-2007, 07:43 PM
To add to this if your at a bar and a hot chick wants "to talk" LOOK FOR THE ADAMS APPLE.

I am sure there is a story there, but I am not so sure I want to hear it. :eek:

Bob Who
07-16-2007, 08:05 PM
Seven days of car in Jorsey driveway ..... got a good theft policy ????

Brandon1
07-16-2007, 08:41 PM
Key West huh? We stayed at the hotel at the end of Duval St where the Ocean Liners come in and it was great.

DG #105 for me has the slightest amount of cleaners and IMO can by layered for more protection.

KJW Detailing
07-16-2007, 10:03 PM
haha...not worried about wear i live in jersey...far and away much more expensive cars to be stolen in my area...plus im just not worried in general!

...yea i haven't even started my car yet but its 11pm and the lights will be turned on and i will be getting to work soon...

good thing we are leaving at 5:30 am...o well! have to make sure the civic is safe while i am away!