PDA

View Full Version : Opti coat 2.0 question

sabresfan
03-31-2014, 12:25 PM
Greetings!

I do like to wax my car but I would prefer the protection that seems to accompany opti coat 2.0. I would like to know if Opti coat eliminates water spots/stains? Both my vehicles are black. Also, does it keep wheels clean? Or at least allow you to simply spray off the brake dust?

Many Thanks!

Evan.J
03-31-2014, 01:07 PM
Opti coat is a great option and a long lasting one.

With opti coat you need to prep your vehicle by conpounding and polishing the paint and have it the way you want it. Any defect that is left in the paint and coated over will remain unless the coating is removed and the defect is removed.

Opti coat does not eliminate water spot or etchings. If they are in your paint then they need to be removed. Opti coat will help prevent the water marks but it's always best to not let any hard water sit on your paint as it will have the potential to etch into the coating.

Opti coat is great on the wheels it makes cleaning brakes dust offer easier but does not make it so you just spray off the wheels and that's it.

sabresfan
03-31-2014, 08:12 PM
Thank you Evan. Good stuff. I would absolutely break out the buffers and do as much correction as possible before sealing. I guess I will keep the Megs water spot remover around.