PDA

View Full Version : Orbital Polisher that can be used comfortably 1 handed?

JWilliams.RadiantDetail
03-30-2014, 11:08 PM
I'm seeing some smaller looking ones, but can't get my hands on any to see how much they weigh and how they feel in use. I'm looking for a orbital one that I can use with 1 hand while I use the other to spray ONR on the car. I'm going to be using it with a Nanoskin pad to clay a car. If possible I would like something that has a 5-6 backing plate so I can spend less time on it. Makita has one that looks a good size, but it's $320 which is a super expensive if I can't try it before I buy it. The model I'm looking at is the BO6040, it's for sale on here. I'm a average sized dude with slightly smaller than average hands.

Is there any other I should be considering? Would like to hear feedback from someone who's used polishers one handed and can comment on this. I was close to ordering a 3m orbital sander, which is made for 1 handed use. But it's expensive and I'm not at all sure how it would work as a polisher with a Nanoskin pad.

If anyone's used the 3m one I'm all ears, it's the small one with the external power supply.

FUNX650
03-30-2014, 11:35 PM
Is there any other I should be considering?

It may take longer to complete the task...
But there's the Griot's Garage 3" orbital polisher (<$100)
that could be coupled with the 4" Nanoskin pads.

That'd be a pretty lightweight set-up, IMO.

Bob

Flash Gordon
03-31-2014, 05:10 AM
I'm seeing some smaller looking ones, but can't get my hands on any to see how much they weigh and how they feel in use. I'm looking for a orbital one that I can use with 1 hand while I use the other to spray ONR on the car. I'm going to be using it with a Nanoskin pad to clay a car. If possible I would like something that has a 5-6 backing plate so I can spend less time on it. Makita has one that looks a good size, but it's $320 which is a super expensive if I can't try it before I buy it. The model I'm looking at is the BO6040, it's for sale on here. I'm a average sized dude with slightly smaller than average hands.

Is there any other I should be considering? Would like to hear feedback from someone who's used polishers one handed and can comment on this. I was close to ordering a 3m orbital sander, which is made for 1 handed use. But it's expensive and I'm not at all sure how it would work as a polisher with a Nanoskin pad.

If anyone's used the 3m one I'm all ears, it's the small one with the external power supply.

I wouldn't use a DA for claying