PDA

View Full Version : Help with getting clients needed

Pages : [1] 2

Bill1234
03-30-2014, 06:43 PM
Right now, its not really great weather to detail, but as the weeks go buy, I thought I could start again. My biggest issue however is getting people to pay. I have had clients who were going to use my work but feel that it is too expensive to pay for all the work I do such as a full exterior for 100 dollars -Excluding corrections. I understand that a client might say ,o well, I will just go to the car wash down the street for 6 bucks, but how does everybody get people to use your service over the cheap wash or high volume place ?

wompasaurus
03-30-2014, 07:08 PM
For starters don't say full exterior. The word full is a no no. What does your $100 dollar exterior include? You have to sell your service no ones just going to look up detailer call you and say ya do my car at any price. Explain the difference between you and the 6 dollar swirl o magic. From lack of info in this post I recommend you do research on how to be a salesman that should be a good start.

Bill1234
03-30-2014, 07:11 PM
For starters don't say full exterior. The word full is a no no. What does your $100 dollar exterior include? You have to sell your service no ones just going to look up detailer call you and say ya do my car at any price. Explain the difference between you and the 6 dollar swirl o magic. From lack of info in this post I recommend you do research on how to be a salesman that should be a good start.

I am not going to say o just a full exterior, I would actually list out the parts of the full exterior to be through and detailed. My biggest problem is people saying I want you to do the work, then asking what you would do and they agree to that, but price, while fair, is a shocker to them

top189h
03-30-2014, 07:20 PM
Word of mouth works wonders. I take it on the chin for close friends, and I put everything into their cars. If ten people see that car or truck and come to me because of it, then I feel I've made back what I lost. I find what helps get people over the price, is seeing what they pay for. Everyone I help out gets told what I normally charge for it, so everyone knows the price when they see the work.

Docpeanut
03-30-2014, 07:21 PM
Put together a portfolio and a list of references

goldendodo19
03-30-2014, 07:34 PM
Put together a list of services and what each one includes and price. Have a "mission" statement of sorts saying why you're better than the swirl o matic. You may also be targeting the wrong people, Joe Schmoe from algebra with his brand new car that mom and dad bought him isn't going to shell out 100 bucks for a wash clay and wax.

Bill1234
03-30-2014, 08:28 PM
Put together a list of services and what each one includes and price. Have a "mission" statement of sorts saying why you're better than the swirl o matic. You may also be targeting the wrong people, Joe Schmoe from algebra with his brand new car that mom and dad bought him isn't going to shell out 100 bucks for a wash clay and wax.

Lets use the name "john smith" =) John decided to agree to a 100 dollar work then, declined and wanted a bit less work for a lot less money

goldendodo19
03-30-2014, 08:41 PM
He declined after you did the detail?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

antti@561detailing
03-30-2014, 09:34 PM
Never use pric e for services..wvery car is different..separate youraelf from others...but adjust to your area...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

master detailer
03-30-2014, 10:26 PM
some times I ask them what would you like to spend.they give me a price and then I tell them what I can do for that.

But then I tell them for a little more you can get this but its up to you. The best way for me to real them in is to get them to tell me more about the car or boat and what they love about it.

The key is to not look like you need it that bad and for them to call you when they would like to try a real detail.

The last thing I say to them when they are about to leave is when you fill the gas tank how much is it?This works best with cars with big tanks or boats.

I say mine is 100.00 every time and if you cant spend the money for a tank or two to make your car stay nice .then thats up to you.

Call me and then I go 1 2 3 to my self lol and they say when can I get it done.

Pureshine
03-30-2014, 11:51 PM
It took me a couple years to get where I'm at now. I'm booked a month or more at a time. Its all been from word of mouth and good reviews. I never ask my customer what they want to spend. I always ask what are you looking to get done and then go from there.

EVOlved
03-31-2014, 12:02 AM
I don't own my own business but have been in sales for well over 10 years and asking what they want to spend is always a big no-no. Just like selling on your budget is. How I would sell a detail would start with something like pureshine's approach what would you like the end result to be? Then you go into every bit of work you would do to achieve that end result. Sales is always about creating value to your product or service not what is done at what price. If people believe there is value to what you are selling they WILL buy it!! Then of course you have the major add on of protecting that end result with an LSP which would easily be presented with longevity in mind coating, sealant, wax. Just the way I would approach a potential client. And like previously stated take care of some friends and family and their word of mouth will travel.

Bill1234
03-31-2014, 08:27 AM
It took me a couple years to get where I'm at now. I'm booked a month or more at a time. Its all been from word of mouth and good reviews. I never ask my customer what they want to spend. I always ask what are you looking to get done and then go from there.

makes sense.... thats how this "John Smith" found out about what I do

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
03-31-2014, 08:35 AM
Bill,

Do you have a business name?
A website?
Are you mobile? Home based business? Shop?
Do you have business cards?
Do you have a sign?
Do you have a business plan?
Do you have a list of your services and their prices?
Do you have insurance?
Have you looked through this forum section specifically for detailing for money? How to make money detailing cars - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-make-money-detailing-cars/)

HateSwirls
03-31-2014, 08:51 AM

You and I are fishing in the same pond.:dblthumb2:

I too ask what do they need or want.
Then and only then I tell them of my packages, that way they can always change their mind but I go with whatever they want, or need.

I'm booked too but with surgery pending all of my work is on hold but they all said they will wait on me:)
I have one guy I did some work on his Vette, he's wanting me better, fast:)
Feels great when people will wait on me, I mean they can take their car to someone else if they chose to.