PDA

View Full Version : Letting wax dry

muscleman
03-30-2014, 04:44 PM
Is it bad for wax to dry too much ?

Sent from my LGL35G using AG Online

swanicyouth
03-30-2014, 04:50 PM
Dry on the paint? It depends on the wax and the environment the wax is drying in. If you let your car sit overnight outside with a wax on it that hasn't been buffed off - that is bad. Airborne contaminants can settle on your paint and cause scratches when you wipe it off. Some waxes just are hard to remove if they sit too long. Most waxes its best just to follow the manufacturers instructions.

Rod
03-30-2014, 05:06 PM
Depends what you mean by bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jamesboyy
03-30-2014, 05:24 PM
It all depends on the wax, and where its applied like said if you let wax sit on paintwork overnight in the environment it could cause paint defects and then its those waxes that are very hard to remove if it sits on the paint to long, and then you have yo spirit detail spray or water to help remove it

AeroCleanse
03-30-2014, 07:23 PM

Sent from my LGL35G using AG Online

No, just makes it harder to remove

peter hurcos
03-30-2014, 08:40 PM
I'm skeptical that it would really mess things up, if correctly removed. I certainly can see a scenario where someone gets frustrated and causes damage while trying to remove excessively hardened wax.

I know Collinite 476 is adamant that it be removed panel by panel or else. I move pretty quickly with a Flex dual action polisher, so I ignore that advice, but I can tell you that as fast as I move I'm not able to wax the whole car before removing the wax. Best bet is to remove according to directions.

FUNX650
03-30-2014, 09:51 PM

Even if a person decided not to take the time to read, then follow the manufacturers directions, only to discover that the Wax has dried too much...

All they have to do is either take some of the same Wax and "re-wet" the dry-Wax; then buff.
Or, "wetten" the dry-Wax down with some spray-QD;
then buff.

No big whoop, IMHO.

Bob