PDA

View Full Version : NanoSkin Wash Mitt and Foam Cannon

Iamonaboat
03-30-2014, 12:32 PM
So now that it is springish time, the cars I'm working on are relatively clean. I have a foam cannon that I let the foam work for 3-4 minutes to break everything down. After it's sat for awhile, I wash the car with the NanoSkin Mitt. I know most people will use a QD spray for lube, and was wondering if I was using the Nanoskin incorrectly. Thanks for the help.

Mike Burke
03-30-2014, 12:48 PM
Im no expert......but i would be afraid of getting any excessive dirt and grime on the nano skin mitt. I would get the vehicle clean two bucket method first....then use the nano skin.

aim4squirrels
03-30-2014, 01:13 PM
The nanoskin mitt is not a wash mitt. It's a clay bar substitute. Use it like you would clay.

Use a dedicated wash mitt, sponge, brush, etc. first, then use the nanoskin mitt.

And this is just my opinion owning a black vehicle...claying every wash is excessive, and you will induce some amount of marring when claying the paint. Do so only when you have the time to do a correction following the claying process.

Rod
03-30-2014, 05:10 PM
There is no need for you to use the nanoskin wash mitt in every wash. I would advise you to get a regular wash mitt and to keep the nanoskin for when contamination appears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk