PDA

View Full Version : Rust inside my new 07 Sonata

Tonya
07-15-2007, 07:16 PM
What a messed up day! I was excited to wash my new car for the first time and try out some of my new products. It finally stopped raining and I went to town. My only good new is my products are great. I LOVE THE FOAM GUN!!! It was all down hill from there. I found numerous tiny rust spots on the inside of my trunk. I tried to take some picture only one spot showed up. Plus, I found some nasty black stuff on the inside of my wheel. Picture of that is Ok. Any suggestion on what it is or how to remove it? I took some close pictures so you could see the paint conditions. I found no swirls. What do you suggest I use on the black grill? Pretty upset over the rust thing any suggestions on what to do. Very upset at the moment thinking of telling the Dealership I want a new one. :mad: :mad: :mad: Two weeks old an RUST, I don't even have my damn plates yet.
Tonya
Feed back please
OK can't get the pic to upload:confused: Too pissed off the pull out the manual to figure out how to make my pics smaller. Will try later.
Tonya

Larry A
07-15-2007, 07:19 PM
Take it back to the dealer!

sneek
07-15-2007, 07:24 PM
Ouch! Sounds like rail dust. Quickly run to your local auto parts store and get a clay bar kit and get all of the spots off and then follow it up with a paint cleaner. I guess you could just use your foam gun instead of the QD and then save that for later.

Tonya
07-15-2007, 07:48 PM
It's everywhere, most of it is between where the window comes down and the seal. Some on the hindges (?sp). The paint feels different, not slick, almost like it is missing the clear coat. Not a slick surface at all! You can see it between the back window and top inside of the trunk. There is no way I could get clay in and out of some of these tight tiny areas. Sorry the pics would not upload. It would clear some of this up. If I am calm by Monday it is going back to the dealship! Maybe even if I don't calm down.
Thanks,
Tonya

Al-53
07-15-2007, 07:55 PM
If the rust is a paint defect..its a dealership call...I would call and have them look at..since its a new car should be no problem since most cars now have a paint and rust warranty of at least 5 years...

let them look at it...

Al

Old Pirate
07-15-2007, 07:59 PM
Take it back and show them your problem and be calm, because if your piss off they might not do anything for you. Hope everything turns out OK for you. And they won't help you just take it to another dealer in the Dayton area.

scottgt
07-15-2007, 08:30 PM
take it back to the dealership forsure

Reddwarf
07-15-2007, 08:42 PM
Good luck Tonya. I agree with the others, take it to the dealership and see what they have to say. Be calm, clear headed and firm. If that fails send you Monkey in to kick some butt!

Tonya
07-15-2007, 08:59 PM
Thanks guys! I understand it is not the dealerships fault when I calmly think about it. I work very close to the dealership. I am going to show them the problem drop the car off and leave it with them for the day. That way I can just walk away calmly. My husband just had surgery and can't drive for at least 10 days. I will drive the truck and just let them keep it until they figure out how to fix it. I do have a short fuse and always manage to control it. I work with the public everyday and understand anger will get me no results.
Thanks,
Tonya

Tonya
07-15-2007, 09:27 PM
Oh yeah it's not my monkey. I am a bank manager. One of my customers was training two of them for quadraplegics(?sp). She needed to work with them in public on different tasks they would need to be able to do. So I let her bring them into the bank every week. The tellers loved it! It's not everyday you can cash a check for a monkey, count money back to him, watch him fold it up and put it into a purse. It was really cool to interact with them!! They quickly learned as soon as they completed their task they got a sucker. They loved the suckers!!! They even learned to work the drive thru tubes. Pretty cool! If it was a slow day the teller would let them play on a computer that wasn't being used. They would copy anything the tellers would do. The one in the picture is Britney, she was filling out a maintance form, she loved to write. The other one (no picture) was Barney, he loved the computer.
Tonya

klumzypinoy
07-15-2007, 09:45 PM
Take it to the dealership, that's what I'd do :).

Wow, that's cool to play with monkeys. THat must be a great experience. I saw a video of a monkey playing cards, and he would give funny faces when he'd lose, and look happy when he won. Monkeys are pretty darn smart!

01SVTvert
07-16-2007, 04:44 PM
Cant figure this out, if the monkeys are so smart, why do they still wear diapers??