PDA

View Full Version : White wax spots left in stone chips - after detail

J-Francis
03-30-2014, 11:06 AM
Hi all,

I just purchased a used grey Infiniti G37 and had it detailed after having it for a couple months. Interestingly, the car looked nicely detailed when I got it, and had no "white spots" like I see now. I wonder how the used car dealer works around the issue I describe here? Seems like something used car dealerships have figured out pretty well because not of the cars I saw on the lot had this?

I have noticed that a week after the detail, I now have lots of little white spots (wax) on the front bumper and front of the hood. I actually used Dr. Color Chip to fix a deep dent/chip that was on the hood. (I did a little video on that, here it for those interested) - so that is an option I will apply. Dr Colorchip Review - on YouTube (http://youtu.be/Kspr5GjOla4)

My questions are this:

1) Is there a way to avoid having this happening on the next detail - besides doing the Dr. Colorchip fix.

2) I know I can use Dr. Colorchip for this - but I think you probably need to come pretty close to leveling the chip in order avoid the same issue (wax filling in the small gap). Any comments on this - agree / disagree?

The guy that detailed the car for me says that he's willing to put a sealant (Klass Sealant) followed by P21S carnauba wax on the next detail as I helped him out with some favors - but I don't want to do this and have to deal with all the white spots.

Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

James
(Also below - Before after of the deep chips I fixed with Dr. Colorchip)