PDA

View Full Version : NXT 2.0 wax, is there any need for NXT wax?

cshamilton
03-30-2014, 11:02 AM
I'm not 100% sure where to put this question, but here it goes:

My local lowes has the NXT 2.0 wax and I have bought a few boxes because it has a "free sample" of my favorite car wash soap, NXT car wash.

I use the NXT 2.0 wax sometimes, but often find myself reaching for other LSP's just because I have them.

To the point: I noticed an ancient box of the wax on the back of the shelf yesterday, and i noticed that it was original NXT wax. My question is: Is it worth having this for any reason if I have a few bottles of 2.0?

I've seen some complaints on the original but I wanted to see some opinions on if there were any benefits at all to the original?

Thanks!

FUNX650
03-30-2014, 11:13 AM
You say you've seen some complaints about the "original" NXT 2.0...Did/do you have any about your original?

If not, keep on using it whenever the mood strikes.
That's how I use mine.

The shelf-life of NXT 2.0 (liquid form)?

Bob

cshamilton
03-30-2014, 11:39 AM
You say you've seen some complaints about the "original" NXT 2.0...Did/do you have any about your original?

If not, keep on using it whenever the mood strikes.
That's how I use mine.

The shelf-life of NXT 2.0 (liquid form)?

Bob

Yeah I've seen complaints about the original but some of those complaints were before the remake came out.

You're right though, some wise man once said "find something you like and use it often". Ok so that was mike who credits it to someone else. :p

I have no clue on the shelf life. I've used a terribly old bottle of m26 without any noticeable side effects

I guess it was just rare for me to see this in a store and was curious if there was any reason to purchase it.

EDIT: after re reading your post (on the app right now) I noticed you said "the original nxt 2.0." My original post was about the original "NXT" vs the "NXT 2.0." Seriously: not being a smart ass, is there a second generation NXT 2.0, aka gen 3? The way I understood it was there was nxt, then they revamped with nxt 2.0? Was there a third edition?

Thanks in advance and as always thanks for your timely response!

HateSwirls
03-30-2014, 11:50 AM
I once, well still am a big fan of Meguiar's liquid NXT. Wax which is really a "sealant" but don't use it anymore.

Here's what the NXT. offers you.

Easy to apply and remove.
Last 2-3 months.
Gives you an amazing shine.

However there's "Better", we all know there's better no matter what we have but if it works for you then it's the "Best" for you.

I was looking for something that gives me a shine like a carnauba offers but last like a "Sealant"
Well I found it and it cost less than NXT.

Collinite # 845 Insulator Wax.....

Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax #845, liquid wax, heat-resistant wax, car wax (http://www.autogeek.net/collinite-insulator-wax-845.html)

Extreme insulation for automotive paint.

Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax was originally developed for power companies to protect against high voltage power failure, electrical fires, and explosions. If it stands up to these conditions, imagine how well it will protect your vehicle’s paint.

Ease of use.
Gives you an amazing shine.
Last for months , unlike most "waxes".
A small drop of the 845 goes far.
One of the easiest last steps I've found to remove to date.
No cleaners so it can be layered.
Leaves the paint super slick.

Cons....

None:)

Oh, it's cheaper than the NXT and a bottle last longer also.

I apply two coats, I let the first coat cure a few hours than apply the second coat, to give it more shine and durability I apply Duragloss Auqawax on top.

I'm a big Wolfgang fan, I love their Glossy Paint Sealant but I find I get a better shine using the Collinite , it may not last as long but it will last throughout the entire summer, it's so freaking easy to use I don't mine if I have to apply it twice a year.

It's called the "Insulator" for a very good reason.

Recap....

Out shines NXT.
Longer duibilty.
Cost less.
A bottle will last you longer than the NXT.
Can be layered.

FUNX650
03-30-2014, 12:32 PM
Yeah I've seen complaints about the original but some of those complaints were before the remake came out.

You're right though, some wise man once said "find something you like and use it often". Ok so that was mike who credits it to someone else. :p

I have no clue on the shelf life. I've used a terribly old bottle of m26 without any noticeable side effects

I guess it was just rare for me to see this in a store and was curious if there was any reason to purchase it.

EDIT: after re reading your post (on the app right now) I noticed you said "the original nxt 2.0." My original post was about the original "NXT" vs the "NXT 2.0." Seriously: not being a smart ass, is there a second generation NXT 2.0, aka gen 3? The way I understood it was there was nxt, then they revamped with nxt 2.0? Was there a third edition?

Thanks in advance and as always thanks for your timely response!
NXT 2.0 came out in 2007.
Whats the difference between NXT and NXT 2.0?
It was said to have been "reformulated" in order to offer more shine.
Was this accomplished by the use of a different breed of "synthetic polymers"?

Regardless:
I always thought both "versions" shed water,
like the way water does off of a duck's back!!

Bob

cshamilton
03-30-2014, 12:34 PM
Thanks bud. I have been using collinite too, but I always feel bad because I tend to enjoy waxing and can't possibly wait 6 months to re-wax!

My go to lately is p21s every 2 months topped with aquawax weekly. I use collinite on my friends/family/occasional customer that I know won't wax again until the next time I do it.

But back to my question, again, just for the sake of education, are you talking about the first generation "nxt" pictured here: 26189

Or the updated version "NXT 2.0"

I do enjoy the gloss that nxt2.0 adds. It makes the car seem darker.

I just ran across the bottle without the "2.0" and didn't know if it offered any additional benefits at, say, the cost of longevity.

cshamilton
03-30-2014, 12:47 PM
Thanks bob. I knew one of the main complaints was durability on the 07 version. I always look at products like this in the form of a triangle. Depth, shine, and durability. All three corners have to total 270, but I am willing to sacrifice the durability "angle" to add to the others in most cases. But, if NXT 2.0 has more shine then there doesn't seem to be any benefit for me. Plus, the 2.0 comes with the soap, which Is why I want it anyway.

Just to let you know I know there are more "angles" or categories of what makes a particular LSP "itself." I was just using the triangle example because it's an accepted rule that it can't exceed 270•

Thanks for the info, that's what I was looking for.

The Guz
03-30-2014, 01:32 PM
I also still have a bottle of lets call it NXT 1.0. I have designated it for wheel use. NXT 2.0 is a good sealant and it is the consumer version of M21.

FUNX650
03-30-2014, 02:10 PM
I also still have a bottle of lets call it NXT 1.0. I have designated it for wheel use. NXT 2.0 is a good sealant and it is the consumer version of M21.
Was M21 [M21 1.0 (?)] the forerunner to:
M21 Synthetic Sealant 2.0? :D

{Leave it up to those silly "number-crunchers" at Meguiar's}

Bob