PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum and need some help

lilsullivan04
03-28-2014, 06:43 PM
I have a 2011 GMC Sierra 1500 extended cab metallic grey in color I have a few scratches and some swirl marks. I usually go to car washes and I want to do it myself and I want to know what are the good products to buy from washes to waxes. I want to use a DA buffer and also want to know what pads (color of pads) should I get? And I know washing comes first but I want to know every step and in what order.

Sorry I'm a noob to all this and any input will help.

Thanks Jake

inDetail
03-28-2014, 07:20 PM
My advice to you would read the detailing how to section on autogeek. It will give you a great base knowledge. You also go to youtube and search junkman2000. While his videos are long they go step by step on a range of detailing processes and he has a good sense of humor. Those two things will give you great base knowledge to build on. As far as products go with stuff that has great reviews and are in your budget. Just because it's cheap does not mean it's not good and just because it's expensive does not mean it's worth it. Don't feel you have to be brand loyal as well. If it works for you stick with it.

lilsullivan04
03-28-2014, 08:19 PM
My advice to you would read the detailing how to section on autogeek. It will give you a great base knowledge. You also go to youtube and search junkman2000. While his videos are long they go step by step on a range of detailing processes and he has a good sense of humor. Those two things will give you great base knowledge to build on. As far as products go with stuff that has great reviews and are in your budget. Just because it's cheap does not mean it's not good and just because it's expensive does not mean it's worth it. Don't feel you have to be brand loyal as well. If it works for you stick with it.

Thank you I appreciate the advice!

wlshephard
03-28-2014, 09:05 PM
I recommend you get Mike Phillips book "The Complete Guide to a Showcar Shine" you will learn a ton and get some great product info.

lilsullivan04
03-28-2014, 11:31 PM
I recommend you get Mike Phillips book "The Complete Guide to a Showcar Shine" you will learn a ton and get some great product info.

I will take a look at his book, thank you!