PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning neglected microfiber couch

CarolinasFinestDetailing
03-28-2014, 07:48 AM
Hello all,

So I acquired a very expensive(well when the person paid for it) and beautiful khaki microfiber couch for my house, its in amazing condition, but has some slobber stains from dogs and I can tell its not as bright as it should be.

Looking at this attachment for my 3" GG unit:
Grey Ultra Soft Upholstery Brush (http://www.autogeek.net/grulsoupbr1.html)

This should screw on with no issue, correct?

What speed would you guys use? I`m thinking maybe 2-3.

Of course, this is just a reason to buy a reason to buy more car detailing stuff.....says the wife.

I have a medium brush that I use on my drill, but feel that it would be too harsh.

My goal here is to make it look brand new and thoroughly clean since I have an 8 month old crawling around and pulling herself up on everything.

Thoughts? Brush should work correct?

HD.Detailing
03-28-2014, 07:57 AM
microfiber best cleaned with microfiber

use a steamer with microfiber towel wrapped around the head..

Any stains?

CarolinasFinestDetailing
03-28-2014, 08:29 AM
^^ Yeah, from dog slobber. They let their dogs on it so there are some stains here and there. I was thinking steam as well, but thought I could use this brush to scrub it good, and get a new toy! Lol.

rouxster
03-28-2014, 08:47 AM
I'm interested in the responses also. We need a new sofa and I was thinking a MF sofa. The issue is that we don't have a steamer right now. We have a 16 month old at home and a second on the way, so I will need something that is relatively easy to clean. I'm hesitant to buy leather because I don't want to spend that extra money only to have stains that I can't get out. A less expensive MF sofa would be less stress on me if something doesn't come out completely.

allenk4
04-10-2014, 06:15 PM
Remove the covers

Pre-spot stains with Shout

Put them in the washing machine on Permanent Press with regular detergent

Dry in the dryer until lightly damp

Hang to dry completely

Easy and they come out completely clean

rouxster
04-11-2014, 08:37 AM
What about arm rests and the back cushions that don't have covers?

allenk4
04-11-2014, 10:34 AM
What about arm rests and the back cushions that don't have covers?

Do a test spot with Folex, light agitation with a soft brush, followed by a microfiber cloth

JSou
04-11-2014, 10:51 AM
Send me a PM. I know Folex works great but if you need any protein or tanin stain removers, I can send you some.

I would use the carpet brushes, steam, and a Bissell Extractor or pretreat areas then use the blot method to remove stains.