PDA

View Full Version : Help me find Rain X Alternative

Pages : [1] 2 3

goldenlight
03-28-2014, 12:18 AM
I really enjoy the Rain X product. The only thing I hate about it that it has to be applied often.

I'm Looking for a product that beads like Rain-x when applied the first week and last as long as aquapel or longer.

also price is another factory as well. Like something reasonable... $50 bucks is out of the question.. thanks

nebojsa
03-28-2014, 12:50 AM
you can do opti glass? its permanent however.

EVOlved
03-28-2014, 12:55 AM
You hate that you have to apply it so often is the key.. You will need to go to some type of coating PBL, opti glass, flyby 30 (not as long lasting as the other 2 from what I've seen), gtechniq..

Radarryan
03-28-2014, 02:25 AM
GTechniq G1. I used it and it works great. Todd Helme applied it and commented 15 months later that it was still beading like a champ.

Seal your glass for up to 30k miles with Gtechniq G1! - Autopia Forums - Auto Detailing & Car Care Discussion Forum (http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/detailing-product-reviews/39907-seal-your-glass-up-30k-miles-gtechniq-g1.html)

Gtechniq G1 Clear Vision Smart Glass (http://www.autogeek.net/gtechniq-g1-smart-glass.html) $17.99 before discounts.

Another option is GTechniq G5.

Gtechniq Glass Repellent Throwdown! G1 ClearVision Smart Glass vs G5 Water Repellent Coating - Autopia Forums - Auto Detailing & Car Care Discussion Forum (http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/detailing-product-reviews/40339-gtechniq-glass-repellent-throwdown-g1-clearvision-smart-glass-vs-g5-water-repellent-coating.html)

GTechniq G5 Water Repellent Coating 100 ml. (http://www.autogeek.net/gtechniq-g5-glass-coating.html) $24.99 before discounts.

quiksilver_ben3
03-28-2014, 04:10 AM
Gtechniq g5.

Sent from my ADR6300 using AG Online

Sherif
03-28-2014, 05:55 AM
I tried Opti-Glass coating only, beading is great after one month and It's supposed to last for a year or so..
I applied it to all glass including panoramic sun roof, it's expensive but should do 4 or 5 cars (all glass) or 20 windshields.. One thing I didn't like is the yellow foam applicator, I think CQ applicator block with MF suede cloth would be much better

Flash Gordon
03-28-2014, 05:58 AM
What's wrong with RainX?

It's them everyone is trying to duplicate

HateSwirls
03-28-2014, 06:01 AM
I know this isn't long lasting but so easy to use.
Duragloss Auqawax 951. spray sealant really.

After I clean my windshield I mist a little AW on the glass and wipe then buff, takes me 30 seconds.
It last a couple of weeks.

Now one other product I find holds up long on glass is the Griot's Paint Sealant.
Not sure why but on glass it last longer than my other sealants.
Same deal, easy to apply and remove.
Once sealed just maintain with the AW and you'll be one happy dude:)

GenesisCoupe
03-28-2014, 07:27 AM
I use Griots Glass Sealant on my windows.

-clean window
-clay it
- apply Griots window sealant
- let haze
-wipe off with a microfiber towel

Last's approx. 3 months depending how often it rains/you wash your car.

Works just like RainX but better.

DARK HORSE
03-28-2014, 07:30 AM
CarPro's Flyby 30 is an outstanding product, and durability is great!

c8n
03-28-2014, 07:47 AM
I wax my windshield.
On maintenance washes, I use spray wax.

Yes, there is some chattering but it really doesn't bother me much since I don't use the wipers often.

mac11wildcat
03-28-2014, 09:03 AM
Anything that seals paint (and creates a bead) will do the same for glass. A spray sealant should do the trick and can be reapplied as often as desired.

goldenlight
03-28-2014, 10:00 AM
How is AquaPel??? I found this stuff on clearance for about $2.17 . Figure I practice with something cheep incase I mess up..

minorc
03-28-2014, 10:07 AM
I've used it before, not too bad. Similar to rain-x.

Doesn't last very long IMO

KenR
03-28-2014, 10:08 AM
How is AquaPel??? I found this stuff on clearance for about $2.17 . Figure I practice with something cheep incase I mess up..

I use aquapel on my cars and I find it to be an excellent product. I even use it on a picture window on house once a year. Its fairly easy to use if you follow directions. Reminds me of rain-x on steroids.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AG Online