PDA

View Full Version : Polymer Products Flashing - Difficult to Remove....

mdgrwl
03-27-2014, 09:27 PM
So far every polymer product Ive tried has left some sort of streaking on my finish and Im quite tiered of it.

Optimum Opti-Clean - takes king position!
Optimum Instant Detailer
Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer
Chemical Guys Synthetic QD

If you dont wipe off the product IMMEDIATELY, they streak, flash, and become very hard and finicky to remove. On a cloudy day its hard to see, but under any hard light you see the flashed on wipe marks.

Nothing like doing a waterless wash with Opti Clean and seeing your car with "flashed on" wipe marks everywhere... then following up with a QD to remove the flashed on product, only for that to do the same.

The only thing Ive found that works:
You really have to WOWO. Its the only way to easily buff off without leaving streaks.

Am I alone? Any tips?

lyodbraun
03-27-2014, 09:38 PM
Bsd works fine for me, never had any issues with it, never tried any of the others, only product I've had streak was GTecniq c2v3, but soon worked that out by using less of it.. No more streaks..

swanicyouth
03-27-2014, 09:48 PM
If your using these products on clean cars, use a waffle weave to wipe them off. Fluffy towels aren't really good at this. Even if your using OptiClean to do a waterless wash, dry it with a waffle weave. I've been using waffle weaves for products like this for a while, and they work much better than regular MF towels.

You can't use these products in the hot sun successfully, so that can be an issue as well.

Eric@CherryOnTop
03-28-2014, 05:44 AM
Maybe try something from PoorBoys, their stuff is all formulated to be used in direct sunlight, might negate your streaking problem. Also, I use CG v7 and the streaking that product produces just evaporates and leaves a nice clean surface.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HateSwirls
03-28-2014, 06:13 AM
Two I love.

Duragloss Auqawax 951
It spreads so easy, sort of just disappears on me, not much left to buff off and I'm talking about my black RAV4 that streaks very easy.

Chemical Guys P-40

Another simple product that works without streaking , leaves a little wax also, you'll see it haze a little but once you buff it off it you'll see your paint pop, looks so good:)
You MUST dilute it 1:1 which is fine by me, one gallon makes me two.

If I had to pick only one I'd go with the Duragloss only because it's faster to use and leaves the paint more slick, super slick.

UQD works OK for me but it does steak some, I used it for a long time but no more:)