PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars ultimate detailer

Hjfowler
03-27-2014, 04:45 PM
Is Meguiars "ultimate detailer" similar or the same as pinnacle "final finish"?

LaFawnduh
03-27-2014, 05:08 PM
More or less - both are touch up products for maintenance really between washes using synthetic polymers rather than wax. I think the XMT is a little stronger but the nice feature with Megs is the ability to use in direct sun. But XMT is better for use during washes for beading and lubricant to avoid swirls during drying.

Have only used Megs personally and it was good.

The Guz
03-27-2014, 05:36 PM
I like Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Detailer. M135 is the professional version so you may want to consider if cost plays a factor.

Hjfowler
04-02-2014, 06:39 PM
How soiled can your car be and still use meguairs ultimate Quick DETAILER. A company spread mulch at work, and there is now some dust on the car. It's a decent layer. You can't see it from a distance but up close you can see it clearly. Is it safe to use this product to remove that? Or is washing the car in order?

cleanmycorolla
04-02-2014, 06:54 PM
How soiled can your car be and still use meguairs ultimate Quick DETAILER. A company spread mulch at work, and there is now some dust on the car. It's a decent layer. You can't see it from a distance but up close you can see it clearly. Is it safe to use this product to remove that? Or is washing the car in order?

I'd use a waterless wash for something like that.

LaFawnduh
04-02-2014, 08:00 PM
I'd use a waterless wash for something like that.

I'd 2nd this... And the Pinnacle waterless is on BOGO right now. Just ordered some myself.

Hjfowler
04-02-2014, 08:40 PM
How does a waterless wash work??

CowboyTruckn
04-03-2014, 12:47 AM
Just wash it. Be easier if you don't already have waterless/rinseless products.

Waterless is simply a high lubricity product similar to a qd but more cleaning and lubricating capabilities. Use a mf towel on each section, folding and using multiple towels. MULTIPLE towels!

A rinseless is similar but you use a traditional wash method using a rinseless wash solution. Clean each section, dry, rinse wash media in clean bucket and proceed to next section. Section by section with no actual rinse... just clean and dry.

A variation is to use multiple mfs in the wash bucket and use one, and set aside after each section so as to not contaminate. Both require something that possibly can't be found locally if you're on a time crunch.

Photecs
04-03-2014, 08:54 AM
How does a waterless wash work??

Waterless and Rinseless explained:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2i0YPz_DBE]How to use a rinseless wash and a waterless wash with Bryan Fuller and Mike Phillips - YouTube[/video]

For what you said, if there is a decent layer of dust/film on the car, i'd do a normal wash too.
If it's just a light dusting from sitting overnight in a driveway, a WW would be good...
Check out Ultima Waterless Wash +.

LaFawnduh
04-03-2014, 10:09 AM
I had this going in another thread but find it interesting that AGO separates waterless from rinseless washes in their products but most others (ONR or UWW) simply change dilutions to define the difference.

Hjfowler
04-03-2014, 10:47 AM
I appreciate the information fellas. Very very informative and helpful. I'll just stick it washing the car with the occasional detail spray if it's not bad. The car is definitely too soiled based on what I'm hearing. I don't want to scratch it up since I just did some minor paint correction.

LaFawnduh
04-04-2014, 02:06 PM
There is actually a great generic guide for when to switch between quik detailer, waterless or spray wax.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49299