PDA

View Full Version : Best Spray Wax Over BFMS

LaFawnduh
03-26-2014, 11:59 PM
Looking for opinions and experiences with different spray/quick waxes. For the last few years I have been using a combo of Megs UQW during drying (attempting to minimize swirls) followed by a wipe down with Megs GC Quik Wax to add pop after every wash.

However, now that I switched my detail wax to BFMS, I have been considering completing the product line and using either the BFMS Instant Detailer OR BFWD Polymer spray... or BOTH as a replacement for my Megs routine.

Anyone have experience with many or all of these products and can provide some comparisons? Are there any conflicts if applying both the Instant Detailer and Polymer Spray (I would assume in that order to match the Megs approach now)?

Thanks for any help or insight!

HD.Detailing
03-27-2014, 08:06 AM
BFMS instant detailer works great over BFMS

Kamakaz1961
03-27-2014, 08:27 AM
I use BFWD Polymer spray as my go to detailer. I have tried the following: CG V07, Dodo Juice Carnauba Spray (the worst), Sonax BSD, and Pinnacle Label Detail Coating. NONE of these mentioned are better than BFWD Detail Spray. That is IMO. I know I will get bashed with what other people think so again, that is MY OPINION and MY trial and error.

As for a quick spray wax, my best is Optimum Spray Wax. Again, my opinion!

So geekers I know there will be different opinions, but that is just my opinion.

03-27-2014, 09:10 AM
Looking for opinions and experiences with different spray/quick waxes. For the last few years I have been using a combo of Megs UQW during drying (attempting to minimize swirls) followed by a wipe down with Megs GC Quik Wax to add pop after every wash.

However, now that I switched my detail wax to BFMS, I have been considering completing the product line and using either the BFMS Instant Detailer OR BFWD Polymer spray... or BOTH as a replacement for my Megs routine.

Anyone have experience with many or all of these products and can provide some comparisons? Are there any conflicts if applying both the Instant Detailer and Polymer Spray (I would assume in that order to match the Megs approach now)?

Thanks for any help or insight!

You can't go wrong with either BF product. Personally, I'd use BFWD Poly after my wash then BFMS as my QD...

cleanmycorolla
03-27-2014, 09:23 AM
BF Poly Spray. Keep it in the system.

07gtcs
03-27-2014, 05:01 PM
I am a big BF fan, keep it in the family. I just used the poly spray with my drying process last week on my lexus. Good stuff.

LaFawnduh
03-27-2014, 05:11 PM
I am a big BF fan, keep it in the family. I just used the poly spray with my drying process last week on my lexus. Good stuff.

Thanks - seems to be a big following for BF - which triggered my interest in MD. Just curious, have you ever tried what I was thinking? (BFMS QD while drying and seal down with BFWD Poly spray)?

HateSwirls
03-27-2014, 06:10 PM
Auqawax by Duragloss is a special type spray sealant.
Not only does it give you protection but it's very, very easy to work with.

It leaves the paint, glass , plastics so smooth like and cost only $9.99 for a bottle which saves you money.

Couple of ways to use it, one, after your down wash and rinsing your car mist the entire car then begin drying it , will help to dry it fast plus leave a nice glossy look.
Second way is after you wash and dry your car mist in over the car, a panel at a time and wipe off, you'll be shocked at how smooth it will leave your paint and the shine it gives you.
A no brainer:dblthumb2:

swanicyouth
03-27-2014, 06:25 PM
I've have been testing the BF spray wax (aerosol) over BFMS. No comment on it yet. I'll put together a review in a few weeks.

But, I've also tried Dodo Juice Red Mist Tropical Detailer over BFMS. That stuff just rocks over anything.

inDetail
03-27-2014, 08:31 PM
I liken using Garry Dean's detail juice as a spray wax for cars. It suits my purposes for business ( does a lot of stuff.) and durability was measured about about 4 weeks before its started to break down on a prepped surface

custmsprty
03-27-2014, 08:45 PM
Blackfire Wet Diamond Polymer Spray

07gtcs
03-28-2014, 02:07 PM
Thanks - seems to be a big following for BF - which triggered my interest in MD. Just curious, have you ever tried what I was thinking? (BFMS QD while drying and seal down with BFWD Poly spray)?

BF Quik Detail is the one BF product I don't use, as I can get good QD w/ Carnauba here locally. I'm sure that it would be just fine, and then top with Poly spray, that would be the icing on the cake IMHO.

Bunky
03-28-2014, 05:10 PM
If you want some carnauba, consider Pinnacle XMT Spray Wax. Super easy to apply, nice glossy finish.

LaFawnduh
03-31-2014, 06:12 PM
If you want some carnauba, consider Pinnacle XMT Spray Wax. Super easy to apply, nice glossy finish.

Thanks, It shows the midnight sun QD does have carnauba. I think that was my attraction to using both as a pair... Get carnauba shine with long lasting polymer protection that fits with the wax.