PDA

View Full Version : How to raise prices

Pages : [1] 2

Abram86
03-26-2014, 10:53 PM
As some of y'all know I charge a low price for my services due to my area I live in. I've been doing this for about 2 months so far. I plan on raising my prices in the future so im wondering how long should I wait before raising them and how would I go about it? I really dont want to lose my first customers because I feel loyal to them for helping me get my start. Also I dont want to charge too much to where I dont get any business at all. Im stuck in a hard place.

Xtreme Auto

crober53
03-26-2014, 10:56 PM
I detail primarily from March to October. When I start back up I rearrange my prices to fit. Honestly I wouldn't tell then you're raising them, but when your return customers come back do it for the same price, if not too far off, for them. I have a loyal customer discount.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AG Online

Flash Gordon
03-27-2014, 05:40 AM
You can't raise prices on existing customers. You may be able to charge an extra $10-$20 w/out them raising an eyebrow, but for such a small amount, what's the point!

What is the average time spent on a car and what are you currently charging?
You need to be working on an hourly basis

Abram86
03-27-2014, 09:03 AM
You can't raise prices on existing customers. You may be able to charge an extra $10-$20 w/out them raising an eyebrow, but for such a small amount, what's the point!

What is the average time spent on a car and what are you currently charging?
You need to be working on an hourly basis

On a lightly soiled car I spend about 3 hours minimum.
Trucks about 4 hours and if its really bad upwards of 4.5 hours.
Full sized vehicles average about 4.5 to 5.5 hours.
So i average a minimum of $14 per hour up to $20 per hour.

Xtreme Auto

master detailer
03-27-2014, 09:17 AM
with the money you are getting you would be better off working for a detailer then working for your self.

dcjredline
03-27-2014, 11:09 AM
In general I wouldnt raise my prices until I am so swamped with work I cant keep up. Then when you raise prices and some leave you arent hurt as bad.

Flash Gordon
03-27-2014, 12:17 PM
On a lightly soiled car I spend about 3 hours minimum.
Trucks about 4 hours and if its really bad upwards of 4.5 hours.
Full sized vehicles average about 4.5 to 5.5 hours.
So i average a minimum of $14 per hour up to $20 per hour.

Xtreme Auto

On your existing customers charge $20 an hour and don't budge from that (and don't work fast). Tell them you won't be around (out of business) if you charge less

New customers charge $30 per hour. When they ask how much the total will be; ask what their expectations are then guestimate from previous expeirence

In general I wouldnt raise my prices until I am so swamped with work I cant keep up. Then when you raise prices and some leave you arent hurt as bad.

Good advice

Nothing like raising your prices then no one calls

:autowash:

Abram86
03-27-2014, 04:38 PM
with the money you are getting you would be better off working for a detailer then working for your self.

As I've said before I am making profit because I work out of my garage and my expenses are low. If I was to work for someone else they would pay 35.00 per vehicle or 8.50 per hour.

Xtreme Auto

master detailer
03-27-2014, 04:42 PM
well abram you asked for the help.

VP Mark
03-27-2014, 05:23 PM
I adjust prices yearly but grandfather in current clients at last years rate. Sounds much better when you say since you are a returning client I am going to give you last years prices.

You will quickly realize who is using you because you are cheap, and who loves your services when you raise prices.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

Abram86
03-27-2014, 06:05 PM
well abram you asked for the help.

Yes I asked for help. That's why im asking how to raise prices. Its that your response made it sound a little negative

Xtreme Auto

215Detailing
03-27-2014, 06:53 PM
On my website I have a listed price,but always charged less, then I came to the thought of a coupon with x amount off listed price, coupon/ad states if no coupon full rate from $35.00 or more due at time of service. so when I used to charge $15.00 for my basic SILVER DETAIL which is listed from $35.00 I now offer a coupon/ad for $15.00 OFF which makes the TOTAL NOW $20.00,Next coupon/ad may be save $10.00, which means now my lowest fee would be $25.00 and coupon/ads ARE NOT AWAYS AVAILABLE

Abram86
03-29-2014, 06:18 PM
I actually raised my prices on Denali's and full sized vans and Escalades to $135 instead of $100.
Should I raise Suburbans?

I posted that im having a sale for $108 then reg price is $135

Xtreme Auto

rustytruck
03-29-2014, 06:40 PM
I raise my prices every year. The cost of doing business keeps raising so do my rates.

Pureshine
03-29-2014, 10:55 PM
I raised my prices slowly every year and as other have said for my repeat customers I do not charge them the new price. I've raised my complete detail price in the last year by $60 and no one has complained at all.