PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on CG products?

Pages : [1] 2

xxnonamexx
03-26-2014, 05:00 PM
What are your thoughts on Chemical Guys Diablo Wheel Cleaner Gel and Chemical Guys Extended Life New Look Trim Gel. I searched this forum but haven't found reviews on these 2 products.

swanicyouth
03-26-2014, 05:10 PM
I like Sticky Wheel Cleaner better than Diablo and it's half the price. It's a great highly diluteable surfactant wheel cleaner. It won't work on embedded iron or really nasty wheels, though. It's good as a maintenance wheel cleaner and there really isn't much out there that is designed for wheels that is so highly diluteable.

I bought a gallon of Sticky Wheel Cleaner probably a year ago and I'm only like half way through it. Diablo doesn't foam as well as Sticky.

The dressing? I wouldn't know.

CowboyTruckn
03-26-2014, 05:17 PM
I use both and love both. The Diablo like was stated before me is great for maintenance washes. I haven't tried it on severely trashed wheels as this is in my personal stash and my wheels don't get too bad.

I have used sticky as well but I actually think diablo foams better.

As for the gel it really revived dull trim and makes a great tire shine but like any dressing it is only temporary. Be sure and wipe down trim afterward. If applied to heavy it does gather dust. As a tire shine it will sling if over applied.

jamesboyy
03-26-2014, 05:20 PM
Chemical guys Diablo Gel Wheel has a sweet smell, and is sometime pretty to look at cause of the red bubbly look but its not for real dirty wheels just for those wheels that hardly ever see light as for the dressing its basically the same trim gel they been using its just tuned a bit

tpr1634
03-26-2014, 05:24 PM
I'm ok with diablo my personal vehicles only need soap but I wll use it for the barrels. As far as trim products, I used cg stuff but since I crossed the other side with wolfgang trim sealant I never look backed.

Eric
03-26-2014, 05:25 PM
What are your thoughts on Chemical Guys Diablo Wheel Cleaner Gel It's ok. Nothing special. The product that I use (Brown Royal) vastly outperforms it.

and Chemical Guys Extended Life New Look Trim Gel. I searched this forum but haven't found reviews on these 2 products.

Haven't used this one, but I have used their Blue Guard II (also an oil based dressing) and like it alot, especially on engine bays and fender wells.

Bunky
03-26-2014, 05:39 PM
I assume CG Diablo trades off cleaning power for an all surface safe cleaner. You need to watch the cleaner used on specialty wheels.

hernandez.art13
03-26-2014, 05:57 PM
Chemical Guys Diablo Wheel Cleaner Gel Concentrate (http://www.autogeek.net/chemical-guys-diablo-wheel-cleaner.html)

Chemical Guys Diablo
the strongest dilution is 4:1
4x16=64oz.
$16.99

Meguiars Non-Acid Wheel and Tire Cleaner D-14301 (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-non-acid-wheel-and-tire-cleaner-d-14301.html)

Meguiar's D143
strongest 2:1
at 4:1
4x128 = 512oz.
$19.99

hernandez.art13
03-26-2014, 06:00 PM
^ Which wheel surfaces you choose might vary and should be very much taken into consideration which one you choose.

and

Test Spot

Audios S6
03-26-2014, 07:36 PM
^ Which wheel surfaces you choose might vary and should be very much taken into consideration which one you choose.

and

Test Spot

Those two products are more similar than you may realize.

xxnonamexx
03-27-2014, 07:15 AM
the CG Tire gel stated the long lasting shince through rain etc. That is what I was curious about how long it lasts especially after a rain storm.

Klasse Act
03-27-2014, 07:49 AM
I exclusively use 3 of their wheel cleaners, from light duty to heavy duty and couldn't be happier with them! The fact that they come concentrated and you can make a gallon of cleaner saves you BIG time. All 3 cleaners have different capabilities but all of them do what they say!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

CarolinasFinestDetailing
03-27-2014, 08:07 AM
I won`t go into detail here as it is apparent that many here despise CG, and think of many as "fanboys." Lol. I will say that I have used Diablo, and prefer Sticky Citrus. I dilute and it works very well to break up the salt and crud on wheels here in the salt belt. I buy from them when they have a sell and get a great price. As for dressing, I use their New Look Trim Gel, and it has worked great for me, especially on the well known Volvo plastics.

swanicyouth
03-27-2014, 08:08 AM
I like Sticky Wheel Cleaner better than Diablo and it's half the price. It's a great highly diluteable surfactant wheel cleaner. It won't work on embedded iron or really nasty wheels, though. It's good as a maintenance wheel cleaner and there really isn't much out there that is designed for wheels that is so highly diluteable.

I bought a gallon of Sticky Wheel Cleaner probably a year ago and I'm only like half way through it. Diablo doesn't foam as well as Sticky.

The dressing? I wouldn't know.

Another forum member corrected me on this. While Sticky WC is advertised as pH neutral, it does contain NaOH and metasilicate. It may not be advisable for the most delicate wheels. That is the problem with CG, you never really know how accurate the information is.

I do like this product and will continue to use it on my powder coated wheels at 1:5, but this (and a few other things) makes me kind of hesitant to purchase more stuff with the Chemical Guys label on it.

Some of their products are a tremendous value; mainly stuff like APCs, soaps, and wheel cleaners - when purchased by the gallon. On the other hand, if your not really sure what exactly you are getting then it becomes worthless to me.

Eric
03-31-2014, 11:39 PM
I won`t go into detail here as it is apparent that many here despise CG, and think of many as "fanboys." Lol. I will say that I have used Diablo, and prefer Sticky Citrus. I dilute and it works very well to break up the salt and crud on wheels here in the salt belt. I buy from them when they have a sell and get a great price. As for dressing, I use their New Look Trim Gel, and it has worked great for me, especially on the well known Volvo plastics.

I definitely despise the fanboys. Some CG products are good though.