PDA

View Full Version : XMT 360 vs. BF total polish & seal

Pages : [1] 2

Photecs
03-26-2014, 02:12 PM
So, for an AIO for both doing a minor scratch/swirl remover first off... then from that point forward just doing a "polish/buff" to bring back the black glossyness.... which of these products is better and why?

I've been leaning towards the BFTPS as i've seen a couple reviews with good results using a LC White Flat pad. I've also heard that 360 can be a bit of a pain to wash out of the pads after the job is done.

I've got a 1 yr old black metallic car, my DD - just minor swirls/spider webbing. I was thinking of going with either product with white pad (or orange pad if required) to do the correction.. but once it's done, then I want to be able to use this same product every 2-3 months to help remove any lsp before applying another coat of DP Max Wax.

With that said...
1) what product would you recommend?

2) would a white flat pad be okay to apply this product in the future for a quick "buff", or should I be using a black pad if no real correction is required...

3) just to be sure... these products would be okay to use 3-4 times a year without taking away too much CC after 5-6 years... right?

custmsprty
03-26-2014, 02:19 PM
I'd go with the Black Fire. This is a Jetta I did with BF TP&S topped with Black Ice.

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w421/custmsprty/blackfireblackice_zps027b12f0.jpg (http://s1075.photobucket.com/user/custmsprty/media/blackfireblackice_zps027b12f0.jpg.html)

JSou
03-26-2014, 02:19 PM
Have you thought about adding Meguiar's D151? I love BFTPS for an AIO but it is quite costly compared to D151.

Photecs
03-26-2014, 02:24 PM
Have you thought about adding Meguiar's D151? I love BFTPS for an AIO but it is quite costly compared to D151.

No I haven't... I'll be reading on up that in 3...2...1....

I'd go with the Black Fire. This is a Jetta I did with BF TP&S topped with Black Ice.

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w421/custmsprty/blackfireblackice_zps027b12f0.jpg (http://s1075.photobucket.com/user/custmsprty/media/blackfireblackice_zps027b12f0.jpg.html)

That looks amazing... really nice job. With that said - what kind of condition was the paint in to begin with? In need of a little swirl remover, or was it in good shape from the get go?

custmsprty
03-26-2014, 02:27 PM
No I haven't... I'll be reading on up that in 3...2...1....

That looks amazing... really nice job. With that said - what kind of condition was the paint in to begin with? In need of a little swirl remover, or was it in good shape from the get go?

Pretty bad shape, car had never been professionally detailed and it had 235,000 road miles on it! The TPS won't remove heavy swirls and defects, but it sure does a nice job of rejuvenationg the paint, cleaning it and leaving some protection behind. As an AIO it's my favorite right now, epsecially on darker cars. They ran it on bogo a couples months back, I always stock up when they do.

BlackRam
03-26-2014, 02:39 PM
In on this thread. What pad you thinking? White?

Photecs
03-26-2014, 03:07 PM
In on this thread. What pad you thinking? White?

Yes, starting with white - and see how either goes... if needed, go to orange, but from what i've read, both finish nice enough for a lsp after a white pad.
For the regular maintenance after the initial correction - perhaps even a black pad might be the way to go.....

MAN! Detailing can be some seriously complicated stuff.... when it comes to what products to buy!!!!

I've seen a couple reviews on the BF, but now after that last suggestion on Meg's d151 - I have to say how impressed I am on that too! I know Meg's has a big following, and I was able to find a few more reviews on it, as BF only had a couple - mainly just on the AG site.
I like the results of both - especially with the results of the previous poster - that's a nice finish and glossy look on that car.

I was going to get into using the WG twins... but then would need another product for the every 2-3 month "refresher and lsp remover", and then before you know it, i'm over $100 in the cart!

For $40, I can get either of these products that'll last for quite some time, and can be used for all of the above (S. Remover and Cleaner). This is for my DD, so as nice as I want my Black Metallic paint to be, I want it to be simple and somewhat affordable.

I might be leaning towards Meg's now... but keep chiming in people!

LaFawnduh
03-26-2014, 05:34 PM
For my DD black metallic, I had been going on the cheap and using the Megs Black Wax AIO, topping with Souveran for added pop, and maintaining with Megs UQW to increase longevity. I actually just picked up the BF TPNS + Midnight Sun and will be looking to do a run of these to see if I get better results. Still debating whether I want to augment further to by swapping out the UQW for the BF Polymer spray.

While I use deionized water + blower to dry, I usually used the UQW as lubrication for the final drying of few remaining spots and locking in protection. Has anyone used the BF Polymer in a similar way and could provide advice / experience vs. UQW?

Gearhead
03-27-2014, 07:18 AM
For my DD black metallic, I had been going on the cheap and using the Megs Black Wax AIO, topping with Souveran for added pop, and maintaining with Megs UQW to increase longevity. I actually just picked up the BF TPNS + Midnight Sun and will be looking to do a run of these to see if I get better results. Still debating whether I want to augment further to by swapping out the UQW for the BF Polymer spray.

While I use deionized water + blower to dry, I usually used the UQW as lubrication for the final drying of few remaining spots and locking in protection. Has anyone used the BF Polymer in a similar way and could provide advice / experience vs. UQW?
Have you been applying the Black Wax by hand or da? What pad are you using? I have been thinking about trying it out for a cheap cleaner wax.

Desertnate
03-27-2014, 07:49 AM
Have you considered Prima Amigo? Based on what you want to do, it could be a viable option.

Tato
03-27-2014, 08:10 AM
I've used XMT360 and it does a pretty decent job, but I'm always sold on rave reviews about polish and seal by blackfire.

360 is good but not perfect, that's why I'm looking for something else.

I'm also curious regarding D151, but never ordered a gallon of something just to see if it fits my needs.

Based on that, I went and get (locally) Menzerna Power Protect Ultra, seller had told me it's the 'king of AIOs'.

Couldn't use it yet, but it looks promising. I have 2 scheduled jobs next week that I plan to use it.

Has anyone used PP Ultra by Menzerna? Any tips?

Thanks in Advance,

Kind Regards.

wdmaccord
03-27-2014, 08:56 AM
Yes, starting with white - and see how either goes... if needed, go to orange, but from what i've read, both finish nice enough for a lsp after a white pad.
For the regular maintenance after the initial correction - perhaps even a black pad might be the way to go.....

MAN! Detailing can be some seriously complicated stuff.... when it comes to what products to buy!!!!

I've seen a couple reviews on the BF, but now after that last suggestion on Meg's d151 - I have to say how impressed I am on that too! I know Meg's has a big following, and I was able to find a few more reviews on it, as BF only had a couple - mainly just on the AG site.
I like the results of both - especially with the results of the previous poster - that's a nice finish and glossy look on that car.

I was going to get into using the WG twins... but then would need another product for the every 2-3 month "refresher and lsp remover", and then before you know it, i'm over $100 in the cart!

For $40, I can get either of these products that'll last for quite some time, and can be used for all of the above (S. Remover and Cleaner). This is for my DD, so as nice as I want my Black Metallic paint to be, I want it to be simple and somewhat affordable.

I might be leaning towards Meg's now... but keep chiming in people!

Keep in mind with the BF TPnS you use very very little. You can do a sedan with 1-2 ounces of product. It seems expensive on the front end, but a little goes a looooong way! I love it, especially topped with BFWD and BFCS. Add a coat of BFMS past wax on top of the CS and now you are talking nice deep black!

arisking
03-27-2014, 09:43 AM
Oh my goodness I need to find this and buy it. I have been looking for a new AIO and if Menzerna has one I am getting it. I loooove my Menzerna line.

I went and get (locally) Menzerna Power Protect Ultra, seller had told me it's the 'king of AIOs'.

Couldn't use it yet, but it looks promising. I have 2 scheduled jobs next week that I plan to use it.

Has anyone used PP Ultra by Menzerna? Any tips?

Thanks in Advance,

Kind Regards.

LaFawnduh
03-27-2014, 10:23 AM
Have you been applying the Black Wax by hand or da? What pad are you using? I have been thinking about trying it out for a cheap cleaner wax.

I've applied it both methods. When using my DA, I use the Megs yellow polishing pad to match the recommended instructions on the back of the tube. If you are planning to use a LC I think the tangerine is most equivalent.

To be honest, it doesn't have many cleaners - it will do very minor swirl correction - but mainly it has an oily consistency for deeper reflections from the polish/wax. If you want more cleaning power, people usually advise to use the white wax.

I've used it for maintenance as it is really easy to apply and remove, results have been good on my vehicle since I started on new paint in 2012, but now I'm getting to the two year mark and looking for a slightly more aggressive AIO. I'll let you know how the TPnS goes.

EVOlved
03-27-2014, 10:29 AM
If applying another product other than a BF product why not just use a nice finishing polish like Menzerna 4500, Sonax PF, or Meg's 205??