PDA

View Full Version : Ford FX4 Black On Black

HUMP DIESEL
03-26-2014, 12:05 PM
Ford FX4 Slideshow by humpdiesel | Photobucket (http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/humpdiesel/slideshow/Carolina%20Auto%20Image/Ford%20FX4)

Client got in touch with me and wanted the vehicle to be polished and interior cleaned and protected.
This is a black on black eco boost F-150.

The interior was not in bad shape, but since a lady drives it, there was make-up build up on the shifter, steering wheel, and some of the controls. I used my VX5000 with some 1Z Deep plastic cleaner to get the interior better than it was new.
The paint was in good shape with light swirls and micro-marring from washing. My initial test spot showed that the Sonax 4/6 with a polishing pad got good results, but I felt it could be better, so I went with an orange Uber pad that has a little more cut, which really brought the paint out. I finished it out with a final polish pad and the Sonax again.
The owner said that it had more metallic than when they bought it and looked better than the day they drove off the dealership lot.

HUMP

jamesboyy
03-26-2014, 12:22 PM
Once again amazing work Hump

lowdown89
03-26-2014, 12:26 PM
Great job man! It really pops now! Hey since you have diesel in your name I gotta ask what kind are you into? I have a pretty decently modded f-350 and it always nice meeting others from around the area who are into trucks as well

HUMP DIESEL
03-26-2014, 12:56 PM
lowdown89: Its funny you ask, my name came from my days racing bicycles, I was known as Hump diesel, because I would just sit on the front and rip people's legs off. It stuck, but to answer the question pertaining to diesel vehicles, I am a Cummins 4x4 guy, actually looking for my first one. My dad has had a couple, he has a 97 with less than 80,000 miles on it.

HUMP

HUMP DIESEL
03-26-2014, 12:57 PM
Once again amazing work Hump

Thanks man, the clients have been very happy. He is bringing me back a Supra that has been painted with purple pearl and black to finish out for some shows.
Ill post that one as well.

HUMP

lowdown89
03-26-2014, 01:59 PM
lowdown89: Its funny you ask, my name came from my days racing bicycles, I was known as Hump diesel, because I would just sit on the front and rip people's legs off. It stuck, but to answer the question pertaining to diesel vehicles, I am a Cummins 4x4 guy, actually looking for my first one. My dad has had a couple, he has a 97 with less than 80,000 miles on it.

HUMP

Haha gotcha! Yeah I like dodges as well, my good friend has a 07.5 mega cab that we have done a good bit to and its a beast for sure. Now if I could get our trucks as clean as you get the ones you are doing I would be set

tpr1634
03-26-2014, 03:57 PM
Nice work I am partial to the FX4:buffing:

HUMP DIESEL
03-27-2014, 07:08 AM
Nice work I am partial to the FX4:buffing:

I see! That truck came out looking really nice, I actually used one of Mike's tricks and once I was complete with the polish, I took a final polish (Blue Uber) pad and did the hood and front fenders again just to give it that much more clarity and pop.

I like the black on black look of this one as well.

HUMP