PDA

View Full Version : Nanoskin Glide Vs CG Luber

Pages : [1] 2

JWilliams.RadiantDetail
03-26-2014, 04:49 AM
They do the same thing, but the 1 gal jug of Luber's like $22 cheaper. I'm going to be ordering a Nanoskin pad next week, is there any reason to go with Glide over Luber?

Also, I Googled and I see lots of marketing info, but I can't find any concrete reviews here. The marketing says "4x as long as clay bar" "50-60 cars with 1 pad" are these even close to accurate? Sounds almost too good to be true to me.

*EDIT* scratch the price thing, I didn't notice Glide's concentrated 7:1 so it's actually cheaper. I guess my question changes to is there any reason to go with Luber over it? :)

tpr1634
03-26-2014, 05:25 AM
Onr, 2oz per gallon of distilled water I was impressed. Optimum is my new luber....................

RubbishReview
03-26-2014, 06:06 AM
While I have not used either of these products I am in the same situation that you are in. As I am getting ready to buy a NanoSkin pad as well and was looking at both of those lubricating sprays. I ultimately decided from the research that I did online that I am going to use the Chemical Guys Luber its cheap and no one seems to have issues with it.

Evan.J
03-26-2014, 06:15 AM
Onr, 2oz per gallon of distilled water I was impressed. Optimum is my new luber....................
:iagree:

Diluted Optimum No Rinse is a much cheaper option for a clay lube and it works great.

Chris@AutoCleanse
03-26-2014, 06:20 AM
ONR for the win, diluted properly.

JHL88
03-26-2014, 06:28 AM
I use UWW+. It lasts forever.

asalesagent912
03-26-2014, 12:33 PM
I used the glide and the nano skin pad and glide worked beautiful together.
no need to spend more on something else.

lowdown89
03-26-2014, 12:36 PM
I have used luber and its worked pretty well , not to mention you can get a gallon of it from amazon for like $14 right now

GenesisCoupe
03-26-2014, 12:37 PM
I use CG Luber for my SMArnold clay towel and Optimum clay sponge. I use ONR for regular clay bar. Just preference i guess.

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
03-26-2014, 12:44 PM
ONR hands down by effectiveness and price.

asalesagent912
03-26-2014, 12:51 PM
While I have not used either of these products I am in the same situation that you are in. As I am getting ready to buy a NanoSkin pad as well and was looking at both of those lubricating sprays. I ultimately decided from the research that I did online that I am going to use the Chemical Guys Luber its cheap and no one seems to have issues with it.
do u know that the nano glide gets diluted? this will make it cheaper

JWilliams.RadiantDetail
03-26-2014, 12:56 PM
thanks for the replies, looks like I'll be ordering the ONR. Another question, on the Nanoskin video the guy's using a air compressor sander. It's one handed so he has a hand free to spray the surface while he's doing it. I don't own a compressor and that's a bit overkill. are there going to be any electric DA polisher that are small enough to be used 1 handed? After watching the video I definitely like how fast it looks having a polisher in 1 hand and the spray bottle in another.

RubbishReview
03-26-2014, 01:03 PM
do u know that the nano glide gets diluted? this will make it cheaper

Wow! Would appear that you are right, Nanoskin Glide has a 10:1 dilution ratio according to the manufacture website. That means 10 Gallons of this stuff would only cost you $39.01 and 10 gallons of CG Luber would be $127.10!!! Almost seems to be to good to be true, but if it works then maybe that is the better product.

mac11wildcat
03-26-2014, 01:07 PM
We will not use luber anymore in our shop; the smell attracts bugs and it gets sticky and leaves residue. We've actually started claying while our shampoo is on the car.

We do an initial rinse, foam and scrub with mitts and buckets, and rinse just like a normal wash. We then spray another coating of soap foam on the car and clay with that as the lube. Works like a charm.

RubbishReview
03-26-2014, 01:13 PM
Something else to think about regarding price...

Unless you plan on calying a lot of cars your not going to need 10 gallons. From what I have been reading 16oz give or take a little should be enough for one car. Given that CG Luber can be found for $12.71 per gallon it may still be cheaper to buy that rather then the Glide for $39.01.