PDA

View Full Version : Cloth for coating removal

njarmstrong81
03-26-2014, 12:29 AM
Well I recently did my first coating on my wife's Fiat. Used CQUK, worked out really well. However, it only came with one wipe suede cloth. I have about 3/4 it more of my 50ml bottle left and am going to to my other car in a bit. But..... No cloth. I tried to clean it but it did not come clean and so it is not reusable.

Two questions, what would be an appropriate cleaner to ensure these cloths can be reused? And, will another type of towel be affective - ie a normal microfiber towel? Low pile maybe? Or is it suede only for this stuff?

Thanks.

Legacykid
03-26-2014, 12:43 AM
Im actually getting ready to use a coating for the first time, seems like most favor the suede MF cloths. I have seen them all over. I do not believe you would want to reuse them, 1 and done.

hernandez.art13
03-26-2014, 12:45 AM
The title of the thread is throwing me off. Coating removal? As in to buff off high spots, or to apply the coating? Just interested and wondering,

njarmstrong81
03-26-2014, 07:48 AM
For the high spots. So I have plenty of the smaller 4x4 ones that go around the applicator. You apply, allow to work in until it appears dry/level then wipe off with the larger towel.

nezff
03-26-2014, 07:57 AM
maybe corey will chime in on this.

swanicyouth
03-26-2014, 08:33 AM
You can buy just the suede clothes separately from CarPro, and I think AG.

njarmstrong81
03-26-2014, 09:51 AM
Yes, the shipping is twice the amount if the cloths. Was hoping to source in Canada, not working out. Might have to just suck it up. No point spending the time to do a coating properly to ruin it at the last second with the wrong cloth.

cleanmycorolla
03-26-2014, 10:05 AM
FWIW, you can use a lint free towel as well to buff high spots, you dont need the suede for that. I would use it for application though, the suede wrap and block are great for applying coatings.

octane
03-26-2014, 10:54 AM
Yes, the shipping is twice the amount if the cloths. Was hoping to source in Canada, not working out. Might have to just suck it up. No point spending the time to do a coating properly to ruin it at the last second with the wrong cloth.

oldetownautospa.ca has them in stock

asalesagent912
03-26-2014, 11:26 AM
Well I recently did my first coating on my wife's Fiat. Used CQUK, worked out really well. However, it only came with one wipe suede cloth. I have about 3/4 it more of my 50ml bottle left and am going to to my other car in a bit. But..... No cloth. I tried to clean it but it did not come clean and so it is not reusable.

Two questions, what would be an appropriate cleaner to ensure these cloths can be reused? And, will another type of towel be affective - ie a normal microfiber towel? Low pile maybe? Or is it suede only for this stuff?

Thanks.
I wish i can answer your question. but i have one for you since you did this already.
I just got mine and havent tried it yet. each time you wipe off a panel do you have to fold
the cloth and use another side. and also the 4 by 4 applicator ones, Do you change them for each panel or can you add more drops and use it on another panel.? thanks

Dr_Pain
03-26-2014, 11:31 AM
CarPro Suede Microfiber Cloths, suede microfibre, microfiber towels (http://www.autogeek.net/suede-microfiber-cloths-20.html)
This is what you are referring to. I use them for application and to take care of high spots (I actually use the 40cm wrapped around a tire dressing applicator ;) )

njarmstrong81
03-26-2014, 08:27 PM
I may settle on those. Holding out to find the ETA on these ones right now.

CarPro Suede Microfiber Cloths, suede microfibre cloths, microfiber towels, cquartz microfiber (http://www.autogeek.net/suede-microfiber-cloths-40.html)