PDA

View Full Version : Agressive wash for Foamer

Pages : [1] 2 3

Durallymax
03-25-2014, 08:29 PM
Just ordered a foamer to use on my pressure washer and was looking for a good soap.

Some of the ones I have used would take dry dust off fresh waxed paint but were pretty useless after that (Mr. Pink). I need something that cleans good, the stuff I clean is dirty. Wondering what others recommend as an aggressive cleaner that would work well for this.

I've seen a lot use Honeydew, Maxi-Suds or Citrus wash in theirs, I'm certainly not partial to CG in anyway though, just what I came across in some searches which is why I decided to ask, figured there had to be a few more that worked well. I see Duragloss is well liked, does it work well in a foam gun also? Thinking of getting a gallon of it or Optimum Car Wash anyways.

You can recommend both LSP safe and non-LSP. I've started doing a lot of our stuff in Opti-Coat lately.

Thanks.

jamesboyy
03-25-2014, 08:54 PM
Chemical guys citrus wash and gloss/citrus wash and clear or duragloss 901..just my eight cents

Kacz
03-25-2014, 09:05 PM
Auto Finesse Avalanche Snow Foam

Just02896
03-25-2014, 09:23 PM
CG Citrus Wash Red

EVOlved
03-25-2014, 10:48 PM
Honeydew snow foam definitely still leaves road film at all the dilutions in the cannon I have tried so far I have red to try in a couple weeks as my prep for a new LSP application.

Eric
03-26-2014, 01:17 AM
Another vote for Duragloss.

hernandez.art13
03-26-2014, 01:27 AM
are you asking what car soap you can use to strip off lsp's?

PiPUK
03-26-2014, 03:05 AM

Certainly this will be one of the stronger ones. In fairness, MSDS are not easy to come by and I am aware that they do change their manufacturers, from time to time, so the existing product may not be just the same as the old one. Certainly it used to be quite a caustic product where many detailing standard products would try to use less aggressive forms of alkalinity. So it depends what you want.

FYI, your LSP had better be in pretty poor shape for any, properly diluted snowfoam, to strip it.

Kacz
03-26-2014, 06:44 AM
Certainly this will be one of the stronger ones. In fairness, MSDS are not easy to come by and I am aware that they do change their manufacturers, from time to time, so the existing product may not be just the same as the old one. Certainly it used to be quite a caustic product where many detailing standard products would try to use less aggressive forms of alkalinity. So it depends what you want.

FYI, your LSP had better be in pretty poor shape for any, properly diluted snowfoam, to strip it.

Other distributors label Avalanche as having a pH of 13, but Autogeek labels it as pH-neutral....

Anyways, I'm pretty sure AF has confirmed a pH of 13 and according to it's recommended dilution, if my guess is correct, the pH is going to be roughly 10-11 when it hits your car.

It didn't strip my sealant based on a quick test 2 weeks ago.

Edit: actually I was basing it off of a 2BM method and not using my foam cannon. So the pH will probably not be affected if using it in a cannon based on the recommendations.

Your thoughts?

HUMP DIESEL
03-26-2014, 07:29 AM
Auto Finesse Avalanche Snow foam is not supposed to strip LSP on your vehicle. If you want something that will, you could go P21S Total AutoWash or even AF Citrus Power.

Or even mix a little APC with Dawn.

HUMP

Durallymax
03-26-2014, 07:58 AM
are you asking what car soap you can use to strip off lsp's?

No but saying I'd be fine using one that's not LSP safe if it did a good job.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Kacz
03-26-2014, 08:18 AM
Auto Finesse Avalanche Snow foam is not supposed to strip LSP on your vehicle. If you want something that will, you could go P21S Total AutoWash or even AF Citrus Power.

Or even mix a little APC with Dawn.

HUMP

Not a whole lot strip sealants--including dawn and Citrus Power (same pH as Avalanche I believe). I've tested all 3. I can't speak for TAW.

I don't believe pH is the only aspect, but I could be wrong.

Weak waxes are different and I have seen that they can be affected by certain products.

dfoxengr
03-26-2014, 09:19 AM
I am curious if it is possible to foam a vehicle and have road film removed. For me a pretreat with OPC 4:1 then foam with Cw&g did not remove regular 1 month old road film from a 1month old application of powerlock.

Photecs
03-26-2014, 09:49 AM
to remove lsp with a citrus soap (CGCWG) what amount of soap needs to go into a 32 oz bottle for the right dilution?

Bunky
03-26-2014, 10:34 AM

Agree!