PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone switched from LC CCS pads ?

Pages : [1] 2

Red Lehr
03-25-2014, 07:34 PM
I started using Lake Country CCS pads on my 64 Galaxie with dark blue paint to remove scratches,and polish with the Menzerna products.

Are there any better pads in that you guys would use instead of the LC CCS pads ???

I haven't bought any pads for a while and I need to buy a bunch of them and I just need some opinions.
Thanks,
Red

GreatAvalon
03-25-2014, 08:15 PM
I've always heard with Menzerna products you should use a flat pad since the dimples in CCS can allow product to get trapped there and mid-cycle get put onto the paint. But since it was mid cycle the DAT didn't have time to break down like the rest/majority of the product, and it can leave a less-than-optimal finish behind.

So that being said, I have used Menzerna products with Lake Country 5.5" Flat and Lake Country 5.5" Hydrotech pads with great results.

Kamakaz1961
03-25-2014, 08:16 PM
I have tried the hex logic pads and IMO I like the LC CCS pads better. The Hex Logics are good but the LC pads seem to be better quality and are thicker than the Hex Logics. I have both and use the LC CCS more. The Hex logics are my spares now. These are the foam pads not hybrids. I have no comment on the hybrids or the Microfiber pads as I have not used them.

I use Menzerna Polishes and have no issues with the LC CCS Pads or Hex Logics either. Menzerna is a great product. IMO

primo spaghetti
03-25-2014, 08:37 PM
im a buff and shine pad guy...i know they aren't sold here, but awesome pads IMO.

Red Lehr
03-25-2014, 08:44 PM
I have tried the hex logic pads and IMO I like the LC CCS pads better. The Hex Logics are good but the LC pads seem to be better quality and are thicker than the Hex Logics. I have both and use the LC CCS more. The Hex logics are my spares now. These are the foam pads not hybrids. I have no comment on the hybrids or the Microfiber pads as I have not used them.

I use Menzerna Polishes and have no issues with the LC CCS Pads or Hex Logics either. Menzerna is a great product. IMO

Which Menzerna polishes are you using to remove the light swirls and scratches ??

Just02896
03-25-2014, 08:44 PM
I like Hydroshreds and hybrid pads for moderate corrections but still use the larger CCS pads to cover ground faster with light corrections, waxes, and sealants.

Just02896
03-25-2014, 08:46 PM
Which Menzerna polishes are you using to remove the light swirls and scratches ??

PF2500 works great for this.

arisking
03-25-2014, 10:31 PM
Same here they're pretty slick.

im a buff and shine pad guy...i know they aren't sold here, but awesome pads IMO.

Hazcat
03-26-2014, 12:25 AM
I use hybrids for the most part. I have some ccs smart pads, MF pads, and one set of buff and shine. They all work well.

ski2
03-26-2014, 06:44 AM

+1 And they're durable as he**

irsankao
03-26-2014, 07:21 AM
If you would give us a clue which machines and which sizes of BP you use, that will be awesome.

Red Lehr
03-26-2014, 12:39 PM
If you would give us a clue which machines and which sizes of BP you use, that will be awesome.

I use the FLEX 3401 and 7424 porter cable with 6" pads(I think my backing plate on the PC is 5 1/2 ".

irsankao
03-27-2014, 12:20 AM
So I am assuming you use Flex 3401 and PC with LC CCS and Menzerna?

Red Lehr
03-27-2014, 04:41 AM
So I am assuming you use Flex 3401 and PC with LC CCS and Menzerna?

That is what I use. I've been using the orange pads and Menzerna 1500 for the light scratches on my dark vehicles.

irsankao
03-27-2014, 11:16 PM
Hmm, I think the problem is in the combo of CCS, DA machines and Menzerna. For removing deeper scratches this is not a problem but when finishing down, a flat pad either flat pad or hydro pad will work better compare to CCS for combination of PC and menzerna DAT compounds/polishing compounds.

I normally use; for heavy correction rotary with CCS 5.5 or 6.5 don't matter then finishing down with either Flex 3401 5.5" with 5.5" pad, this is squeezing the size since the backing plate is slightly bigger than the pad itself or I use griots with 5.5" thin pad, either flat pad or hydro pad.

I never use textured/contoured pad with DA machines because you want to have as much as possible surface contact for maximum correction from relatively weaker machines compare to rotary.