PDA

View Full Version : Quick Review --- Amazing Roll-Off

Pages : [1] 2

ScottB
07-14-2007, 01:38 PM
http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/autogeek_1958_92336936

I remember this product from back in the boating industry, being used as a widespread cleaner almost to an APC degree. Over the past few years I have watched many remark while using it as a wheel cleaner. So, what was I too do ???

Well I asked Jason to toss me a bottle for some testing. I got it and read the directions thru-and-thru. It offered quite a few interesting tidbits on bottle , so I decided to use it elsewhere also.

First, this product looks and smells exactly like windex. I am serious, down to the blue color. The viscosity is very much like a glass cleaner also, in that it doesnt hang around and is not thick like a gel.

Wheels:
I sprayed each wheel with water as instructed, and made sure wheels were cool. I sprayed on liberally and allowed to sit for a moment. It did need some agitation but nowhere near some wheel cleaners. It reacted alot like Poorboys Spray/Rinse but without the strong citric acid smell and feel. It washed off perfectly with no residue on wheels afterwords. These were the painted wheels on the SRX ...

Wheel Wells:
I sprayed each of the wheel wells with this product also. I did not presoak or wet and thus sprayed on full strength. I allowed to sit until wheels were done, and went back. (less than 5 minutes) It was amazing to see all the dirt and nasty water come out of these wells with only a stream of water. No agitation needed and once dried looked equally as rewarding as using an APC and brush to clean.

Rust Marks:
The bottle offered it could remove rust and calcium marks. Since my home and cars are free of this, I decided to visit my neighbor. They have rust on the front door where the door hinges are starting to rust. Sprayed one liberally, allowed to sit for a moment, tooth brushed, and wiped off. WOW ... it was gone without heavy agitation.

Tailpipes:
So I decided to finish my little experience with tailpipes. You know the soot that is inside the tailpipe past the rolled tips. Well I dont really get "up" in there and clean it. (little hint, spritz of Armor All makes it look new anyways) So I spray and nice bit in there, and allow to penetrate. I then carefully flushed them out as best as I can. The crud was incredible.

I am sure there a dozens of more uses for this product, and cannot wait to visit them. Sure its an APC of a sort, but one that seems to work well without that heavy stink or dry fingers afterwards. All in all another great product hidden in AG !

Meghan
07-14-2007, 01:42 PM
Sparkie can chime in on this too, he tried this for the first time a month ago and love it. Works great on trailers and rv's too.

D
07-14-2007, 01:48 PM
Been using this stuff for awhile. This the the #1 thing I recommend for all your degreasing needs. It can be used on paint, wheels, tires, wheel wells, engine bays, patio furniture, etc., etc.

Mike T
07-14-2007, 02:37 PM
I love the stuff.

blkexcoupe
07-14-2007, 03:05 PM
I'll be adding a bottle to my next order, so I can clean my engine bay.

HighEndDetail
07-14-2007, 03:15 PM
It is good stuff, I think I have had it for a year or more. I need to get some soon. Almost out of it.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
07-14-2007, 03:25 PM
I've been using ARO as well.. It's my go to cleaner, works great on engines!!

Thejoyofdriving
07-14-2007, 03:53 PM
how does it compare to 303 AC?

wytstang
07-14-2007, 04:07 PM
Killr do you think this would clean the back of rims (the barrel) with little to no agitaation? I need something strong and safe for painted rims. The Fusion brakes dust up pretty bad and the barrels are quite dirty already. I have no desire to remove eash rim just to clean them up. Maybe some Amazing Roll Off and the EZ brush to bend and clean as needed.

DantheMan
07-14-2007, 04:38 PM
Hmm.... I wonder how it would work on the black streaking on my enclosed trailer???

That stuff can really be a pain.

Meghan
07-14-2007, 04:55 PM
Hmm.... I wonder how it would work on the black streaking on my enclosed trailer???

That stuff can really be a pain.
I can tell you, it works great, you do have to agitate it a bit though if its been there awhile.

ScottB
07-14-2007, 06:49 PM
Killr do you think this would clean the back of rims (the barrel) with little to no agitaation? I need something strong and safe for painted rims. The Fusion brakes dust up pretty bad and the barrels are quite dirty already. I have no desire to remove eash rim just to clean them up. Maybe some Amazing Roll Off and the EZ brush to bend and clean as needed.

no, you would need to use the EZ detail brush also. The only wheel cleaner to date I have ever seen clean barrels without agitation is Poorboys. You must follow the directions, but it will even remove from those little BMW finned wheels that you would take months to clean each crevice. On painted wheels is ok to use.

quick funny --- last time I was getting Vettes tires replaced in rear I brought a shop rag and Klasse AIO. As soon as car went up on lift, I was at it. Guy says to me ... now thats Extreme. I was just glad I didnt need to jack it up in driveway and remove wheels.

Reddwarf
07-14-2007, 07:37 PM
Rust Marks:
The bottle offered it could remove rust and calcium marks. Since my home and cars are free of this, I decided to visit my neighbor. They have rust on the front door where the door hinges are starting to rust. Sprayed one liberally, allowed to sit for a moment, tooth brushed, and wiped off. WOW ... it was gone without heavy agitation.

Killr, I hope you told them you were doing this! LOL

Excellent review. Been a while since I've read one of your reviews. It looks like there is yet another AG product I need to purchase.

Jimmie
07-14-2007, 08:49 PM
Nice review Killr. I have used ARO for a few weeks and learned some things from your review. I did a bicycle with it yesterday AM. Sprayed every inch of it. It came out clean.
Curiosity question: Have you tried it diluted? I haven't yet. PM'ed Sparkie yesterday with the same question but haven't heard yet.

ScottB
07-14-2007, 09:37 PM
well considering the wheels where wet first as bottle suggested, I believe it worked well diluted. My only gripe was because it is so thin, it doesnt sit on the wheel very long. Best to do wheel by wheel, but outcome was great and knowing it wont hurt paint makes me feel ok leaving it for wife to occasionally use.