PDA

View Full Version : Please be brutally honest...

Pages : [1] 2

Lexi65
03-25-2014, 06:43 PM
Is it possible to do a rinseless wash on a ride with black
Obsidian paint? Feed back please. :buffing:

SYMAWD
03-25-2014, 06:49 PM
Yes. IMO, using high quality towels, a proper dilution ratio, and only doing one wipe per side of towel is safe as long as the car does not have chunks of dirt.

cleanmycorolla
03-25-2014, 06:50 PM
Why wouldn't it be? :)

mrclean
03-25-2014, 06:51 PM
yes, why not? just use more mf towels if youre really concerned on harming the paint.

Kamakaz1961
03-25-2014, 06:59 PM
My car is Black and I do a rinseless wash with it. I do the 2-bucket method with grit guards in both buckets, however, I use a sprayer and spray the panel 1st (the panel I am about to wash) and saturate it with a diluted car soap (Optimal car wash) solution. The sprayer helps lift the dirt and then I proceed to do the rinseless wash procedure. I dry the panel with the Sidekick and WW Towel.

I only do the rinseless wash if my car is not real ddirty. If it is then I will revert to the Foam gun 2 Bucket wash system.

If you do it right you should have no problem with a rinseless wash.

I used to have an Infiniti G35 6MT with Black Obsidian Paint. I am assuming you have a similar car as Obsidian Black is an Infiniti/Nissan car color.

jamesboyy
03-25-2014, 07:05 PM
Yes. IMO, using high quality towels, a proper dilution ratio, and only doing one wipe per side of towel is safe as long as the car does not have chunks of dirt.

+ 1 fully agree with you

Lexi65
03-25-2014, 07:10 PM
My car is Black and I do a rinseless wash with it. I do the 2-bucket method with grit guards in both buckets, however, I use a sprayer and spray the panel 1st (the panel I am about to wash) and saturate it with a diluted car soap (Optimal car wash) solution. The sprayer helps lift the dirt and then I proceed to do the rinseless wash procedure. I dry the panel with the Sidekick and WW Towel.

I only do the rinseless wash if my car is not real ddirty. If it is then I will revert to the Foam gun 2 Bucket wash system.

If you do it right you should have no problem with a rinseless wash.

I used to have an Infiniti G35 6MT with Black Obsidian Paint. I am assuming you have a similar car as Obsidian Black is an Infiniti/Nissan car color.

Have never heard of using diluted car wash soap as a pre-treatment for a RW. What dilution ratio do you use and does
anyone else use diluted car wash as a pre-treat before RW?
Feed back please. :buffing:

hernandez.art13
03-25-2014, 07:13 PM
If it has clear coat, which I am assuming it does. Your actually touching the clear coat. So any color that has clear coat is roughly the same. Besides the make and model, year and where it was painted.

Like I stated above, your actually touching the clear paint.

swanicyouth
03-25-2014, 07:14 PM
No. Not if you have the paint corrected to a very high or near perfect level. Rinseless washes will mar more than conventional washes. Any wash can mar, but conventional washes are safer.

The wash mitt with a 2 BM is also safer than any towel. It has more surface area and longer nap to trap dirt. When you do a rinseless wash, your either use a towel (GDWM) or 2 buckets (2BM). A quality wash mitt is safer than any towel, and if doing a 2BM ALL the dirt on the paint is being wiped of with your mitt (assuming a true rinseless wash - no pre-rinsing)

Just my experience on my black car. The most significant step of a 2BM is likely just pre-rinsing the car down with a hose or pressure washer to remove the largest dirt particles.

If you think wiping those dirt particles off with a towel is as safe as pressure washing them off - I don't agree.

Of course, there are a lot of other factors why someone would choose to do a rinseless wash over a 2BM - but if your looking for the safest method for corrected black paint - rinseless ain't it.

Rsurfer
03-25-2014, 07:21 PM

:iagree:if you are using GDM with a pre-soak.

HateSwirls
03-25-2014, 07:29 PM
I have a black car myself.

Completely safe:)

As said use good MF towels.

Kamakaz1961
03-25-2014, 07:30 PM
Have never heard of using diluted car wash soap as a pre-treatment for a RW. What dilution ratio do you use and does
anyone else use diluted car wash as a pre-treat before RW?
Feed back please. :buffing:

Hi Lexi65

It is just my spin on a rinseless wash. It seems to be working better than expected (IMO). It is kind of like the foam gun 2 bucket wash system except it is the rinseless way. I use a pump sprayer (I believe it's 32 ounces) I get them at Lowe's or Home Depot in the Gardening section as the same sprayer on any auto website are about $16 - $30. I bought mine for about $4.
When you spray the panel it will be somewhat soapy (depending on dilution ratio) the way I guess the ratio is by trial method. But the real reason is that the panel will be wet and the soap lubricates and removes any dirt or removes the dirt easier (like a foam gun with a regular wash) when you use the rinseless wash mitt.

The rinseless wash works well enough to get all or most of the soapy panel clean. Then I use the Sidekick and WW Towel.

This is just my way for a rinseless wash and since my car is black I want to make sure I get NO SCRATCHES!!!!......LOL.

I like this way and so far I have not experienced any problems except my garage floor is a little wetter....LOL

:dblthumb2:

Lexi65
03-25-2014, 07:36 PM
No. Not if you have the paint corrected to a very high or near perfect level. Rinseless washes will mar more than conventional washes. Any wash can mar, but conventional washes are safer.

The wash mitt with a 2 BM is also safer than any towel. It has more surface area and longer nap to trap dirt. When you do a rinseless wash, your either use a towel (GDWM) or 2 buckets (2BM). A quality wash mitt is safer than any towel, and if doing a 2BM ALL the dirt on the paint is being wiped of with your mitt (assuming a true rinseless wash - no pre-rinsing)

Just my experience on my black car. The most significant step of a 2BM is likely just pre-rinsing the car down with a hose or pressure washer to remove the largest dirt particles.

If you think wiping those dirt particles off with a towel is as safe as pressure washing them off - I don't agree.

Of course, there are a lot of other factors why someone would choose to do a rinseless wash over a 2BM - but if your looking for the safest method for corrected black paint - rinseless ain't it.

Car is a garage queen and basically dusty. I would be rinsing it
first with a hose. So you think a wool wash mitt would be
better than a MF towel?

peter hurcos
03-25-2014, 08:07 PM
yes, why not? just use more mf towels if youre really concerned on harming the paint.

Good advice, I think. Never economize on the number of towels you use. [I'm talking "Garry Dean" method where you slap one saturated towel after another on the surface]. I'm OK with the giant economy size bags you get from Sam's Club. Others insist on the plush ones. Don't skimp on the number, either way.

You can always go to the coin-op car wash to knock the dirt off first. If you want to be conservative, you could do that for a car that isn't very dirty. Or hose it off in your driveway, first.

I'm at the one year mark with rinseless, over 50 washes, and I can't see any scratches. Worst-case scenario, I might have to lightly polish it every five years. Boo-hoo. The car will be long gone before I come close to wearing out the finish.

Kamakaz1961
03-25-2014, 08:11 PM

1st and foremost I 100% completely agree with you. I believe a Foam Gun 2-Bucket 2 grit gaurds wash method is the BEST way to wash a car...PERIOD. HOWEVER, I will do a rinseless wash if my car has only dust and can be removed by the Sidekick blowing it off or removed by a CA Duster (IF USED correctly). If I can remove the dust I will rinseless wash. If I cannot remove the dust (which IMO is now Dirt) I will do the foam gun 2-bucket 2 -grit guard wash method no questions asked. I prefer the foam gun, however, not necessary. My car is garaged every night that is why I can do the rinseless wash. Dew is another reason to do the foam gun 2 bucket 2-grit guard wash.

DUST will be the only reason for a rinseless wash. swanicyouth I am in your corner 90%....No longer 100%...LOL Take care

Im the MAN