PDA

View Full Version : Cadillac CTS Coupe Paint Correction

sto23
03-24-2014, 10:23 PM
Hi all,

After trying to make room in my schedule to attempt a DIY paint correction on my newly acquired Black CTS Coupe, I reviewed some previous recommendations and asked Aaron Bodle (owner/operator of Masterwork Detail in Tampa) to perform the much needed paint correction.

Some history of the car. I purchased the car in late January 2014 after falling in love with the style when I first saw it in 2011. Of course having waited to pick up one on a lease return meant I saved a good chunk of money, but also that the car is full or swirls and scratches from what I have previously referred to as lease neglect. I am amazed not only by the damage done by folks who lease their vehicles but that damage done by the dealers themselves and their 'detail' guys who appear to be washing cars with push brooms. Strange that these lease returns are 'acceptable' with paint in this condition, but I am sure I am preaching to the converted here.

In any case, I dropped the car with Aaron this morning and plan on updating this thread with Aaron's progress which will include paint correction as well as Opticoat Pro/Opti guard application.

I will post all pics that Aaron sends me along the way.

Pic 1 is the foam bath Aaron gave the car. Aaron removed all previous waxes/sealants.

Pic 2 is a clear view of the damage caused by lease neglect.

Kaban
03-24-2014, 10:35 PM
Light swirls, deep swirls, and holograms.

Looks like you got everything in there.

sto23
03-24-2014, 10:48 PM
Light swirls, deep swirls, and holograms.

Looks like you got everything in there.

Yes, it is a plethora of awful

cire
03-25-2014, 10:19 AM
Can't wait to see the final pics. :hungry: The 50/50 for this car would be stellar!
Always liked the shape of the CTS.

sto23
03-27-2014, 09:18 AM
Update: Here are a few photos before and after of the work so far. 50/50 as requested -The quarter panel was so bad we are still going to have a limited number of RIDS as I want to leave a bit more clearcoat on the car (FYI the left side is after compounding but before polishing) More photos to come as the work continues.

cire
03-28-2014, 09:29 AM
Getting there! Looking forward to more pics! :buffing:

When completed, could you ask him what products he used?
Thanks for the update! :xyxthumbs:

sto23
03-31-2014, 01:47 PM
Update:

Before and after shots - First is before/after compound, Second before and after polish.

If I haven't said it enough already (I don't think it's possible) I want to thank Aaron of Masterwork Detail. He is amazing and doesn't cut corners on anything! If you want your car to be treated better than you yourself treat it, take it to Aaron and don't look back! I won't take any of my cars to anyone else...no BS!

TheCougarGuy
03-31-2014, 02:39 PM
Nice work :xyxthumbs:

cire
03-31-2014, 05:06 PM
Very nice examples of what a corrected panel will look like after compounding, and then polishing will achieve!
Would you know what product(s) he used?

jamesboyy
03-31-2014, 06:42 PM
That caddy is looking great with that paint correction

sto23
04-03-2014, 05:44 PM
The results... Thanks again to Aaron Bodle of Masterwork Detail in Tampa, FL!