PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo! Got a great deal on some Meg's stuff...

Pages : [1] 2

Joleat
03-24-2014, 10:08 PM
I hit the mother load at one of my local big box stores last week. I stopped by to grab a bottle of Meg's Gold Class and thought I would check out the clearance aisle to see if they had any good deals on oil, etc. To my surprise, they had a ton of Meg's stuff on the shelf. I ended up buying everything they had for under $60 total! Score!

15x Meg's Soft Buff 7" Pads (11x Polishing/4x Finishing)
3x Meg's DA Backer Plates
2x Meg's Paint Restoration Kits
1x Meg's Black Wax (this wasn't on sale, but the price is included in the $60)
5x Meg's Microfiber Discs (3x Cutting/2x Finishing)

Needless to say, I'm still smiling about the awesome deal!

Matt@FourAcesMD
03-24-2014, 10:23 PM
Where was it at?

jamesboyy
03-24-2014, 10:24 PM
Nice purchase hope you enjoy your new stuff

Joleat
03-24-2014, 10:26 PM
Matt, you have a PM. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the name of a store in the thread.

For those who are wondering though, I went out of my way to visit another local store of the same type and the items were still marked at full price at that location.

J504
03-24-2014, 10:48 PM
Can you pm me too stringer? I need some MF pads! probably wont have this store in my area though, but im still curious

Joleat
03-24-2014, 10:49 PM
You've got mail... err... a private message.

A2D Signature
03-24-2014, 10:50 PM
Yeahhh if you could just go ahead and send me a PM, that'd be greatttttt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joleat
03-24-2014, 10:52 PM
Done. :)

cardaddy
03-24-2014, 10:58 PM
Matt, you have a PM. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the name of a store in the thread.

For those who are wondering though, I went out of my way to visit another local store of the same type and the items were still marked at full price at that location.

You can mention the store.
Just can't put a web link. (To said store. )
Or prices with a link.
Or sometimes a price WITHOUT a link.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AG Online

Joleat
03-24-2014, 11:03 PM
Since I wasn't really looking for a side job of sending PM's when I started this thread, I'll go ahead and post the store name, lol. If a moderator feels that the store name should not be mentioned, please let me know and I'll happily remove it or just remove it yourself if you choose.

It comes as no surprise as some of you mentioned in your PM that you had a suspicion.

Walmart.

Matt@FourAcesMD
03-24-2014, 11:08 PM
Since I wasn't really looking for a side job of sending PM's when I started this thread, I'll go ahead and post the store name, lol. If a moderator feels that the store name should not be mentioned, please let me know and I'll happily remove it or just remove it yourself if you choose.

It comes as no surprise as some of you mentioned in your PM that you had a suspicion.

Walmart.

Thanks for the information!:props:

Joleat
03-24-2014, 11:14 PM
No prob! Don't forget to use all of your savings to purchase stuff from Autogeek!

In all honesty, I don't even see Walmart as a competitor to Autogeek anyway. Sure, there is a small amount of overlap since they both carry some Meguiar's and Mothers products, but you're probably not going to find Dodo Juice, Menzerna, Klasse, Poorboy's, etc. at your local Walmart. I know I can't find that stuff at mine!

Matt@FourAcesMD
03-24-2014, 11:16 PM
No prob! Don't forget to use all of your savings to purchase stuff from Autogeek!

In all honesty, I don't even see Walmart as a competitor to Autogeek anyway. Sure, there is a small amount of overlap since they both carry some Meguiar's and Mothers products, but you're probably not going to find Dodo Juice, Menzerna, Klasse, Poorboy's, etc. at your local Walmart. I know I can't find that stuff at mine!

I hear ya. I just spent $500+ this last month getting ready for the warm weather to get here.

KillaCam
03-24-2014, 11:20 PM
My Walmart doesn't carry crap. Nice pickup.

Daven75
03-25-2014, 11:34 AM
I noticed some pads and the restore kits on sale at mine too. I also have the surf city garage paste wax thats still at $17 which I'm waiting for it to come down.