PDA

View Full Version : WOWO Wax Vs. Wax on let cure for 10-30 minutes then remove

Kamakaz1961
03-24-2014, 12:33 PM
Hello Geeks

Just wanted your comments on WOWO Wax vs. The old fashion Wax (10-30 minute curing time). Lets abbreviate it OFW

I just switched from a WOWO wax and moved to the OFW. All I can say IMO the OFW is better than the WOWO Wax from Gloss and Wet Look and I reduce a significant amount of time into detailing/waxing the car.

The WOWO Wax I used is a well known brand and considered in the higher class wax I bought from AGO. The OFW wax is Dodo Juice Supernatural Wax also bought from AGO.

I use a Flex 3401 VRG DA with a 6.5" Red foam pad at setting 1.5 to apply the wax. I used a red foam applicator for the hard to reach places a DA could not get to.

What bothered me about the WOWO wax is that I would have to stop and remove the wax and then do the DA application again. It was more time consuming than OFW where you can apply the wax to entire car and wait and let it cure. While waiting you can clean the windows and tires, interior...etc.

Additionally, the WOWO wax you had to be very careful to remove the entire panel correctly (to avoid light holograms). The OFW you can take your time and make sure it is done correctly.

Any how I was just curious on what AGO geekers think.

I prepped my car with semi annual major cleansing: wash, clay bar, 2-step (compound polish if needed) polish, re-wash, apply PBL sealant and the top off with 2 coats of OFW wax. This is for the pre questions!! Everyone have an AWESOME day!!

:buffing:
Im the MAN

swanicyouth
03-24-2014, 12:42 PM
I think its dependent on the specific product, not the mechanism of application. Sometimes WOWO waxes can get smeary if you don't apply them super light. However, a hazing wax that is a quality wax is usually a pleasure to remove.

FUNX650
03-24-2014, 12:42 PM
I thought the OFWs were: WOWOs.
I thought the NFWs (New Fashioned "Wax") were: WOWAs.

Sure as can be:
The "wait-times"...for WOWO-LSPs to be ready to W(ipe)O(ff),
[such as: hazing/finger-swipe-test/other]...will vary.
But, to me, these are all, still: WOWOs.

Bob

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
03-24-2014, 12:51 PM
I don't think you can compare WOWO to OFW products because products are going to vary between brands and product lines. Your results are largely going to depend on the specific product and not necessarily the application process, as to whether it's WOWO or OFW.

That being said it's easier to go over an entire car quickly (think production detailing) with a DA to apply wax versus using your hand. I personally like applying waxes by hand after correcting the paint, I feel like I have more control of the product. If it's a production type detail and the paint is swirled and never been corrected, I'm definitely applying the wax via DA because it's quicker and the paint is so bad I'm not sure any more damage could be done. I'm not saying DA waxing will introduce swirls or scratches but I do think it's harder to notice if any dirt or debris gets on the face of your applicator.

If you are using a DA, use enough product to cover your panel and then wipe the product off (if it's a WOWO) you have to stop the machine anyway to apply more product, so it's really not any slower.

wdmaccord
03-24-2014, 01:55 PM
Personally, with a WOWO wax like BF Midnight Sun, I apply by hand. Doesn't seem efficient to use the random orbital for that. The OFW or sealant where I apply to the whole car and let sit for 30-45 minutes, I use the RO for that.

LaFawnduh
03-26-2014, 11:30 PM
I prefer the application and results of my Souveran (and also soon trying BF Midnight Sun - be here Friday!) over "OFW" I've used like Megs GC or Mothers. I would have to admit all my OFW experiences have been with commercial brands.

However, to OP post, given your steps are the same I'm not sure I follow how it saves much time OFW vs WOWO/WOWA. Whether you are applying all at once and then wiping all at once OR doing both steps panel-by-panel, conceptually it takes the same time / effort. Any other variables to that would be your process or simple perception of results.

In the end, our preferences drive the breadth of products available - so go with what results you like the best!