PDA

View Full Version : PBL surface cleansing by machine?

parttimer
03-24-2014, 09:33 AM
Anyone have pad recommendations or tips for applying this by machine? I tried it once before and just didn't seem to apply right. I have red/blue CCS pads, crimson HT pads so I have a selection. Just looking for pad and machine speed choice. I'll be using a flex.

cleanmycorolla
03-24-2014, 10:10 AM
I've used black, white and hydro tech pads....

Nick McKees37
03-24-2014, 10:35 AM
Anyone have pad recommendations or tips for applying this by machine? I tried it once before and just didn't seem to apply right. I have red/blue CCS pads, crimson HT pads so I have a selection. Just looking for pad and machine speed choice. I'll be using a flex.

Crimson would be a great choice.

Remember it's a non-abrasive polish that's intended to remove polishing oils, fillers, etc, to prep the surface for application of a coating. Since you're not using it to remove swirl marks or scratches, there is no need to use it at high speeds or with excessive pressure.

Apply it like you would a liquid wax - low speed, 2-3 passes over each area, and it will be a pleasure to work with.

Too often people think "more is better" so they crank up the speed and apply way too much pressure to the machine.

parttimer
03-24-2014, 11:01 AM
Thanks Nick, I will give it a whirl on low and see what happens! Looking to just pack my HT pads for vacation.