PDA

View Full Version : Help!What to do about Dixie Red Clay Residue?

CharlieSheen
03-24-2014, 08:27 AM
I bought a Silverado recently that was originally from the South,and apparently from an area with fine clay red soil.When I took the dash apart to remove the stock radio and heater controls,all of this very fine soil could be found hiding everywhere inside the dash,and pretty much anywhere else I disassemble anything.This stuff I have been blowing off and vacuuming as I go.

My major concern is in the engine compartment and chassis.A lot of fine mud is stuck to the chassis,exhaust and underside of the truck.Not heavy clunks of mud,just a coating or residue.I have blasted the bottom of the truck with water for 20 minutes at a time and also sprayed 10 cans of gunk on the underside,let it sit and spray off.The evidence is still there.

I have also gunked the engine compartment twice with about 5 cans of gunk.The truck was very clean to start with.While cleaning it,everything looks mint,but when it dries,the engine,alternator,brackets,firewall padding,etc all turn back to an orange residue.

What is the secret to getting this truck factory clean?

CharlieSheen
03-26-2014, 09:53 AM
Is the best bet just to mount the Dixie Flag to the hood and just be proud of the orange tint on everything?Im the MAN