PDA

View Full Version : AIO Cleaner Wax/Sealant for Metallica Silver Subaru

Pages : [1] 2

jem7sk
03-24-2014, 08:09 AM
I have a new 2014 Metallica Silver Subaru Impreza. I am looking to Keep it Simple Simon for now as I learn new things about detailing. The paint looks great now but I was disappointed to hear that these cars have soft paint. Not sure if that is good or bad but I have already got a couple of paint chips on the front from road rash :doh:

I will first clay the clean car then apply the AIO.

I am looking for a simple yet great product to protect the paint in an AIO process and make the silver paint look its best. I would like to use my PC to apply the product and I will also need a pad recommendation (5" pad for large areas and smaller for the smaller areas) for applying the product.

I would also like to use a spray wax afterwards to maintain the shine and durability if you have any recommendations. I do have Pinnacle Waterless Wash and Wax... would that be good enough for a spray wax?

Living in Florida I would like it (AIO and Spray Wax) as slick as possible for our bug situation.

mwoolfso
03-24-2014, 08:48 AM
Pinnacle XMT 360 is a good AIO. Another option I have used on silver paint is Mother's Synwax FX (which is sold OTC). I don't think Synwax is an AIO by definition but I assure you if your vehicle has embedded dirt this will pick it up and leave a smoothe finish. Both have sealant qualities in them so you get some limited durability.

For pad selection, use Lake Country Green or White pads. The green is typically for AIO's and the White has a little more cut. Perform a test spot using each pad and see what works for you.

For your wax, I would recommend Optimum Spray Wax. I have used this as a topper to XMT360 and Synwax and got around 4-5 months of durability with just ONE APPLICATION of this wax. Simply incredible for silver.

Matt97GT
03-24-2014, 08:54 AM
correction power is not the greatest, but if the finish is already in decent shape wolf's shine and seal is pretty good.

their product to go over top of that, body wrap, is probably the easiest LSP i've ever applied. Application and removal is about 10 mins each.

Robin.Michalik
03-24-2014, 10:56 AM
Poorboy'sworld Polish with sealant or Polish With 100% carnauba wax work really well for me on lighter colors when the paint is in pretty good condition and just needs a quick touch-up.

For more correction I grab Megs D151 or white wax regardless of the cars collor.

cleanmycorolla
03-24-2014, 11:18 AM
Meguiars White Wax.....

van185
03-24-2014, 11:46 AM
I like Poorboys Polish and Seal also. It's really easy to use. It looks great and leaves a smooth finish. THe key is the prep of the paint before the AIO is applied. The finish will only be as good as the prep work. Most all AIO's here at AG will do a good job.

PA DETAILER
03-24-2014, 12:04 PM
Hit it with blackfire polish & seal. 1-step. done.

Eric
03-24-2014, 12:38 PM
I think XMT 360 would be a good choice

parttimer
03-24-2014, 12:42 PM
I like the black fire as well but worry it might haze on the color of that subbie.

KBsToy
03-24-2014, 01:09 PM
I like the black fire as well but worry it might haze on the color of that subbie.

:xyxthumbs:

KBsToy
03-24-2014, 01:14 PM
Hit it with blackfire polish & seal. 1-step. done.

Just did our silver coast metallic CTS this past weekend came out great. Put a coat of carnauba paste wax on top to make it pop..

Keeping in garage till winter stops here...

parttimer
03-24-2014, 01:27 PM
Keeping in garage till winter stops here...

Please let me know when winter is planning on stopping!! It's back to snowing here in Ohio!

BlackRam
03-24-2014, 03:34 PM
So if he uses BFTPS, and it hazes, then what does he do?
Sorry just not following?
thanks

fly07sti
03-24-2014, 06:16 PM
I have used XMT360 and BFTPS on my 07 Subie. Both are great but advantage of working outside (if needed) goes to XMT. Then top with whatever you prefer for added protection. Depending on your defects, I would recommend either a white or green polishing pad.

KBsToy
03-25-2014, 04:49 AM
So if he uses BFTPS, and it hazes, then what does he do?
Sorry just not following?
thanks
Maybe a spray detailer if not a IPA wipedown. Hopefully Bobby G will pop in with advice...