PDA

View Full Version : Carnauba Wax, Sun, Trim

BrianG
03-24-2014, 07:50 AM
Greetings All,

New member here. Been lurking for a while and learning. First thing I learned is that it's not Carnuba, nor is it Caranuba, it's Carnauba :) .

I currently use Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax on my daily driver which I have learned is really a sealant. I really like that is is easy to apply and take off, can be done so in full sun, and won't stain trim. I'm just your average Joe looking for a Carnauba with the same properties as a top coat for those rare weekends I have time to give the paint some extra pop. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Brian

GenesisCoupe
03-24-2014, 08:00 AM
For wax i highly recommend DoDo Juice. They have a number of good waxes, some are made for lighter, some are for darker color cars, some are for warm color vehicles. It all depends on what you are looking for. DoDo Juice spreads out nice and a little goes a long way.

mwoolfso
03-24-2014, 08:50 AM
Collinite 915. For the roughly $30-$40 you get a container that will probably last longer than the vehicle itself.

wytstang
03-24-2014, 09:38 AM
Poorboys Nattys wax or DP MaxWax

Kamakaz1961
03-24-2014, 09:46 AM
I like Dodo Juice Supernatural Wax. It is more on the expensive side, however, the wet look is incredible. There are several other brands that are less expensive that I am sure will be a go to wax. AGO has the best selection for the wax you are looking for.

cleanmycorolla
03-24-2014, 09:57 AM
Depending on your price range, DP Max Wax, CG Petes 53, Pinnacle Liquid Souveran

BrianG
03-24-2014, 09:59 AM
Thanks for the replies. Just to clarify, I am looking for a Carnauba Wax that can be applied in full sun and won't stain trim. I looked at some that were suggested and they did not specify or specifically said to keep away from trim.

Thanks
Brian