PDA

View Full Version : Rupes LHR 15ES (Newbie) water spots

Sixbanger
03-23-2014, 04:48 PM
Just bought one at Detail Fest last week, and it was time to upgrade from the XP. I just used it on the roof of my vehicle. First, nano scrub then speed 1 to 2 to spread out the wolfgang polish 3.0, then speed 6 to do 3 passes. I put a flash light on the roof after I wiped it off and there were still some faint water spots on the roof. I couldn't take any pics because my Iphone wasn't really picking them up.
What should I do to get rid of them?

HD.Detailing
03-23-2014, 05:22 PM
more aggressive compound and/or pads.. test spot

Audios S6
03-23-2014, 07:31 PM
3 passes isn't much. If you were getting the finish you liked, but still had light defects, I'd bump it up to 6 passes with a test spot. If you jump to a more aggressive polish/compound you may end up with two steps; IMHO adding a couple more passes to a one step is faster than adding a second step.

HUMP DIESEL
03-25-2014, 10:32 AM
I have good luck going with more passes as well and reducing the speed after about 3 passes. I usually only go up to 6 with heavy scratches. I would start on about 4.5 to 5 and do the first couple of passes slow, then the next couple you can move a bit faster. On the next couple, reduce the speed to around 4 and ease off on the pressure. On the last two passes, bump the speed down again and do light pressure. I have found this works well to let the polish or compound bite on the first 4-6 passes and then as the abrasives break down, the slower speed and light pressures allows it to finish out nicely.

HUMP