PDA

View Full Version : Not worth conditioning leather?

1vh1
03-23-2014, 03:43 PM
Is it true that on many modern cars it isn't worth trying to condition leather seats? I heard most of them are coated, so any conditioner won't penetrate the leather. Is there truth to this? Just clean them and be done?

FUNX650
03-23-2014, 03:53 PM
I do not believe there is such a thing,
as a good leather conditioner.

It's:
Clean and Protect. Clean and Protect. Clean and Protect!!!

This is the kit that will fit the bill:
Leather Master Car Leather Protection & Cleaner Kit, Leather Master Ink Away Ink Remover, ink lifter, leather cleaner, leather protection (http://www.autogeek.net/leather-master-kit-ink-away.html)

Bob

SYMAWD
03-23-2014, 04:02 PM
The conditioner will still provide protection for the seats whether or not the leather is actually being conditioned.

WillWashesCars
03-23-2014, 04:02 PM
Sort of? What car are we speaking of.

You can still condition the top coat and the LM kit is amazing. It will work and it will not hurt you. Some conditions will simply sit on the top coat which can be troublesome.

jamesboyy
03-23-2014, 04:11 PM
Begin that real leather is not as common anymore no its not really worth conditioning but IMO if it serves the purpose of begin leather weather real or not you should still condition the seats that way it reduce wear, expand its life while adding a little protection a good product to consider would be leather masters

Deebo1133
03-23-2014, 05:14 PM
I cleaned the leather in my 11 Nissan Maxima last night expecting it to be coated and it was wicking the cleaner right up and you could watch it dry. I used Mothers conditioner after and it looks and feels great.

Larry A
03-23-2014, 07:36 PM
At one time I used Lexol conditioner on a vinyl chair and it made it look like new.

HD.Detailing
03-23-2014, 07:50 PM
it makes me feel better :)