PDA

View Full Version : Meg's "Black Wax"

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Hjfowler
03-22-2014, 11:48 PM
Has anyone used meguiars "black wax"? And has anyone applied it with a DA?

crober53
03-23-2014, 12:39 AM
I've used a DA and by hand. Very good product. Its an Cleaner Wax if I remember correctly. I prefer by DA but I've switched to WG Fuzion for wax and it looks even better on black.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AG Online

The Guz
03-23-2014, 02:07 AM
You can use it with a DA. It doesn't offer as much cleaning as white wax but it will still get the job done. Black wax offers more polishing oils.

Becciasm
03-23-2014, 07:15 AM
Has anyone used meguiars "black wax"? And has anyone applied it with a DA?

Yes. Yes.

You can use it with a DA. It doesn't offer as much cleaning as white wax but it will still get the job done. Black wax offers more polishing oils.

Yes. It offers minor polishing (pad dependant), good cleaning, and filling of minor swirls and scratches while leaving a layer of protection behind.

A great AIO one step for minor defects.

White Wax is very similar, but as Guz pointed out, it will clean better, but does not mask or fill as well as black does, in my opinion.

JeffsToy
03-23-2014, 07:27 AM
I'm thinking about trying this wax, but, I have a bright red car. Wonder if the black wax is the way to go for this color, or, should I go for the white wax? If anyone can advise, I would appreciate it!

top189h
03-23-2014, 07:30 AM
It's my go to aio. I use ot with either a microfiber cut pad or an uber green pad depending on the clear coat. It lasts about a month with me, which is a lot more than Iwas getting from any other aio I tried. My fiance's car has some serious clear coat fialure (it has since she got the car) and everytime I do her car, it gets black wax topped with 845 and it lasts a good 3 months.

top189h
03-23-2014, 07:36 AM
@ Jeff's toy, I use it on any color car, it gives good results, but if your paint is in good condition, I highly reccomend any wax Dodo juice makes (my go to is blue velvet pro I have a custom painted truck red, black and white and it's the only thing I use on it) or Pinnacle Signature Series.

JeffsToy
03-23-2014, 07:48 AM
OK, thanks for the feedback top189h. My car is a daily driver Toyota Camry. With that said, I would love to try Pinnacle. But, too expensive for me. I generally stay with Megs products for that reason.

top189h
03-23-2014, 08:04 AM
Sounds good, I love meguiars products, black wax will leave you behind a good gloss and do some filling/correction, but I do recommend topping it with something especially on a daily driver. Something like their gold class wax would help on durability.

Hjfowler
03-23-2014, 08:23 AM
I've got a DA coming in the mail on Tuesday. So I'll try to apply with the machine rather than by hand and report results. I have a Honda Crystal Black Pearl. I'm using a Lake Country blue flat pad.

JeffsToy
03-23-2014, 08:43 AM
@Hjfowler, please keep us posted on your results with the Black Wax. Also, didn't mean to seem like I was hijacking your thread. Just trying to pick some brains that are more educated than mine. @top189h, if you are still here, thanks for the advice on topping with the Gold Class Wax. I was wondering, do you like the Gold Class better than the Ultimate Wax? The reason I ask is, I have both, in paste form. Just wondering which one to go with.

Hjfowler
03-23-2014, 09:05 AM
Jeffstoy, I'm here to learn as well. I appreciate any and all insight everyone can offer :)

Mazda.Mark
03-23-2014, 09:09 AM
I'm hoping to use it this weekend. Going to test with MF pads and black hydro pads. Using on a DD Mazda CX-7. It's a wreck from central NY winter. Going clay first.

top189h
03-23-2014, 09:26 AM
@Jeff's toy, either one would work well. I use both from time to time, I just said gold class because a friend of mine swears by the stuff. Personally I would use whichever you prefer to use more. That's the name of the game for me at least. I would sacrifice a small amount of performance for usability/pleasure to use any day, tho just about all Meguiars products are very user friendly.

sixsix
03-23-2014, 04:52 PM
I picked up a tube of white wax on clearance the other day at target to try out. It left a really nice finish on my white focus st and got rid of some light swirling. I used a white CCS pad on the PC set at speed 5. I'll prob top it with some colly 845 the next time I wash it.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/24/y7a2aqaz.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/24/e8ejasa7.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk