PDA

View Full Version : Vacuums....hoses and such

ConeArrow27
03-22-2014, 09:55 PM
Hey all

Got a couple of questions. I found a good vac. But not bought it cos I cant afford a generator. Is it right of me to ask the customer to supply electricity? Also even tho I am a rinsless wash should I get a hose for if the vehicle has major mud? Ide need to ask the customer to supply water.

jamesboyy
03-22-2014, 10:07 PM
I think you should have a hose for the more contamentated vehicles in my opinion its alright if you ask the customer to supply the water/electricity just adjust the cost of the job so that its like you are giving a discount for them supplying water/electricity

ConeArrow27
03-23-2014, 02:58 AM
I think you should have a hose for the more contamentated vehicles in my opinion its alright if you ask the customer to supply the water/electricity just adjust the cost of the job so that its like you are giving a discount for them supplying water/electricity

Ok cool.

ShaunD
03-23-2014, 07:14 AM
It shouldn't be an issue to asknif the customer has power and water available. Most people don't expect detailers to come with a generator and water supply. Just bring your own cord and hose and don't waste their power/water and they probably wont even expect a discount. The convenience and service you are providing are well worth the customer's cost for power/water. How much is the vacuum you are planning on purchasing? And what type of vehicle are you working out of?

Matt@FourAcesMD
03-23-2014, 01:20 PM
I make it known up front that I will need a water source and electrical before I do work so they know. From what I understand most people don't mind.

ConeArrow27
03-23-2014, 01:56 PM
It shouldn't be an issue to asknif the customer has power and water available. Most people don't expect detailers to come with a generator and water supply. Just bring your own cord and hose and don't waste their power/water and they probably wont even expect a discount. The convenience and service you are providing are well worth the customer's cost for power/water. How much is the vacuum you are planning on purchasing? And what type of vehicle are you working out of?

Im gonna start with a ridgid 5 gal. Im working out of a volvo 240 wagon

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AG Online

jdoublehcubed
03-24-2014, 02:17 PM
If you have space in your vehicle to mount it, this vaccuum kicks ass:
http://www.amazon.com/Hoover-ProGrade-Garage-Utility-L2310/dp/B000289920

I have one in my 2 car garage; I can do the complete interiors of both vehicles with the 30' hose. Plus the end attachments it comes with are top quality.