PDA

View Full Version : Comparable Menzerna polishes?

SiliconX
07-13-2007, 09:58 PM
Hi everyone! Been awhile since I posted, lots of working overtime at work. As such, that overtime is burning a hole in my pocket and it's time to get a random orbital and polishes!

I have minor swirling on my 1.5 year old Civic. I had decided to get the XMT #2 and #1 and then the Finishing Glaze. But the Menzerna polishes sound so great, so I was thinking of getting them instead. Final wax will be Pinnacle Souveran Paste.

At first glance looking at the chart, I picked out the Final Polish (PO 85U), Micro Polish (PO 87MC) and the Finishing Glaze (PO 115C). Would these be roughly comparable to the XMT #2, #1 and Glaze? Or would I be better off with something like the Super Intensive Polish (PO 83Q) paired with the Nano Polish (PO 106FF) and then the same Finishing Glaze?

I really don't want anything possibly too abrasive as these 8th generation Civics have infamously soft clearcoats. Not to mention this will be my first polish ever.

As always, advice much appreciated :D

ScottB
07-14-2007, 07:03 AM
the benefit to Menzerna polishes over just how well they work (they are literally the number one polish on market) is that they come in much larger sizing. So while a little more expensive initially you will not be reordering as often. Usually IP and 106FF or FP is all that most will need.

If you must substitute, look to Optimum polishes. XMT and Poorboys are also top 10 offerings.

devst8
07-14-2007, 07:11 AM
SIP and 106FF for sure, cost a little more but when you use it you will know where the xtra money went!

do you own a rotary? Menzerna polish work alot better with a rotary...

if you only own a PC or UDM I would stick with the XMT polishes. they are still great products. maybe just buy XMT 3-4?

sneek
07-14-2007, 09:00 AM
:P If you ever want to try optimum before you can shoot me a PM because you prob. live really close to me.

SiliconX
07-14-2007, 09:10 PM
:P If you ever want to try optimum before you can shoot me a PM because you prob. live really close to me.

Hehe ok.

Thanks for the replies, I did end up going with the XMT since they seem like good products to start with.

scottgt
07-15-2007, 01:41 AM
ya xmt is a great line to start with...works great with the PC

Thejoyofdriving
07-15-2007, 02:29 AM
Menzerna polishes dry too fast for me.